Need some upgrade ideas

Go to solution Solved by PC HEROES,
15 hours ago, cdituri0312 said:

Budget (including currency): $2500-3000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Audio Production (professional level), Video rendering, gaming (Cyberpunk, BG3, WoW, Alan Wake 2, ESO, some older stuff, some newer stuff)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey guys- first time poster here. Below is my current setup:

AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X 3.80GHz 12-Core

X570 Taichi

64GB Trident DDR4-3600 (4x16)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070ti 12GB

1TB Seagate Firecuda 510 NVMe M.2 SSD

1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD

1TB Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 SSD

CLX Quench 240 Closed Liquid Cooler I ripped out of a previous case

3TB 3.5in Seagate Barracuda HDD

Set 303 Mid Tower White

4 GAMDIAS AEOLUS RGB Fan

1000 watt MSI Power Supply

Windows 11 Home

For my monitor I've got a Samsung Odyssey G9 and I get like 40fps in CP2077 on high settings with RT on. I'm trying to up my framerate in more demanding games as well as increase my performance in intensive, plug-in heavy apps like Pro Tools, Premiere, and UE5. My main question is this: Is it a better idea to build another machine with a newer generation of mobo and processor and sell this one, or should I use these parts as the platform and build within it? I've been told that my CPU may be where the bottleneck lies so I'm looking at a 7900x or 7950x, but I know I'll need to replace the mobo as well. 

Any advice or areas in this setup where I'm weak and in need of an upgrade would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hello... I have an all White PC Build here for you. Since your last PC Case was White I thought you would appreciate a Full White PC.

I made some really Big Upgrades from your last PC. I'm Upgrading you from the R9 3900x to the R9 7950X3D. It will give you about a 39% Performance Upgrade. Since your old Cooler is only a 240mm AIO it won't look right in a ATX Case and it will not Cool a 7950X3D I threw in a 360mm AIO. To pair the CPU with is the RX 7900 XTX 24GB GPU. This will grant you about a 7% Upgrade over the 4070 Ti with 2x the VRAM. If you don't like the AMD GPU then you can just reuse the 4070 Ti and having the X3D CPU it will still bring a giant Boost to your Games. I still added 64GB of RAM, 4TB of Fast M.2 Storage, a PC Case that is made for Airflow and comes with 6 ARGB Fans with a Fan Hub, and a GPU Support Bracket. Everything is White.

Please let me know what you think. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VpB4mD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 4.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($599.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Frozen Notte ARGB 72.37 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($66.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Spectral Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($979.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Montech KING 95 PRO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Okinos GPU Support Bracket, Compatible with 4090 Graphic Card, GPU Thickness Support up to 85mm, GPU Brace Support Video Card Sag Holder Holster Bracket, White  ($15.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2710.83

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Audio Production (professional level), Video rendering, gaming (Cyberpunk, BG3, WoW, Alan Wake 2, ESO, some older stuff, some newer stuff)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

X570 Taichi

Set 303 Mid Tower White

4 GAMDIAS AEOLUS RGB Fan

Windows 11 Home

For my monitor I've got a Samsung Odyssey G9 and I get like 40fps in CP2077 on high settings with RT on. I'm trying to up my framerate in more demanding games as well as increase my performance in intensive, plug-in heavy apps like Pro Tools, Premiere, and UE5. My main question is this: Is it a better idea to build another machine with a newer generation of mobo and processor and sell this one, or should I use these parts as the platform and build within it? I've been told that my CPU may be where the bottleneck lies so I'm looking at a 7900x or 7950x, but I know I'll need to replace the mobo as well. 

Any advice or areas in this setup where I'm weak and in need of an upgrade would be helpful.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, cdituri0312 said:

X570 Taichi

Set 303 Mid Tower White

4 GAMDIAS AEOLUS RGB Fan

Windows 11 Home

Thanks!

Hello... I have an all White PC Build here for you. Since your last PC Case was White I thought you would appreciate a Full White PC.

I made some really Big Upgrades from your last PC. I'm Upgrading you from the R9 3900x to the R9 7950X3D. It will give you about a 39% Performance Upgrade. Since your old Cooler is only a 240mm AIO it won't look right in a ATX Case and it will not Cool a 7950X3D I threw in a 360mm AIO. To pair the CPU with is the RX 7900 XTX 24GB GPU. This will grant you about a 7% Upgrade over the 4070 Ti with 2x the VRAM. If you don't like the AMD GPU then you can just reuse the 4070 Ti and having the X3D CPU it will still bring a giant Boost to your Games. I still added 64GB of RAM, 4TB of Fast M.2 Storage, a PC Case that is made for Airflow and comes with 6 ARGB Fans with a Fan Hub, and a GPU Support Bracket. Everything is White.

Please let me know what you think. I am happy to answer any questions you might have.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VpB4mD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 4.2 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($599.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Frozen Notte ARGB 72.37 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($66.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Spectral Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card  ($979.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Montech KING 95 PRO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Okinos GPU Support Bracket, Compatible with 4090 Graphic Card, GPU Thickness Support up to 85mm, GPU Brace Support Video Card Sag Holder Holster Bracket, White  ($15.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2710.83

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772