How can I connect a subwoofer to my DJ DM 40-BT speakers?

Jehosua

Hi, I currently have some studio monitors (DJ DM40-BT) to listen to the content of my TV, I connect a subwoofer from a mini-component (Panansonic SA AKX70). Currently I have it connected by connecting the cables from the subwoofer to the output input of the studio monitors. Can you recommend me something to connect the subwoofer and the monitors to an amp or some device that gives me a separate channel of the sw to have a 2.1 please?

SETUP.jpg

CONNECTION.jpg

SUBWOOFER.jpg

We need to see your subwoofer inputs.

Typically, a speaker/music interface will have a "Pre-Out" output that goes to the subwoofer. Specifically the output has to be "variable" and not fixed like Line-Out because adjusting the volume of the music interface/speaker will also adjust the volume of the subwoofer.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Venta de Steren Cable para Bocinas/Equipos de Sonido POT14BI-100 VTA |  Abasteo.mx
The cable that the sub has are just this. Just one red and one black.

21 minutes ago, Jehosua said:

Venta de Steren Cable para Bocinas/Equipos de Sonido POT14BI-100 VTA |  Abasteo.mx
The cable that the sub has are just this. Just one red and one black.

So I re-read the original post and you're a little confused by what a subwoofer is.

Think of audio being split into 3 regions - high (tweeter), mid (woofer), low (subwoofer). The low frequencies require the largest driver, so they are typically not built in the same speaker enclosure as regular two-way speakers, and will instead be sold as separate subwoofers.

When it comes to music, there is no "subwoofer channel". You simply send the full channel to the subwoofer as you would the other speaker components, and those components will output the frequencies that they are capable of doing. In a proper system, there is a "crossover" that will only send specific frequencies to each component because as you approach the edges of what each on is capable of doing, they don't play as proficiently. Two-way speakers have a crossover built-in. And typically subwoofers have dials in the back that control crossover as well.

In home theater, there IS a specific subwoofer channel called LFE, but you need invest in a proper home theater receiver with an LFE output instead of outputting from a Pre-Out.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |