Weird noise from DC LS720 pump

Muffin.
Go to solution Solved by RevGAM,
18 minutes ago, Muffin. said:

Okay. Sorry for the long delay, I was just waiting for my pwm/argb hub to arrive and then work with the PC rather than having to work with it 2 times (pump, then mess with hub). 

To the point -> I guess it's maybe better? I guess the sound now disappears a bit quicker than it did, but it still comes up randomly and then goes away after secs.

I managed to capture the sound it makes and also a pic how I have it mounted now.

• Pic:

image.thumb.jpeg.88b54716fbc85035ac918253682caa9c.jpeg

• Video (better on headphones, the sound appears at around 6sec. Some talking in the background, sorry, but for a split sec you can hear how the sound appears there): https://streamable.com/hne2zr
  • Also for others I can suggest removing the pre-applied thermal paste and apply new one on your own. I ain't no pro, but this doesn't look like enough:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c7ac8e397a9a63fd78423481e82446b.jpeg
    image.thumb.jpeg.700b2d5f24ae61be501c55582c3fc119.jpeg

There's no need to reapply the paste. You don't need a lot - you just need the whole surface of the CPU to be covered with a thin layer that fills any gaps. That looks really good, and even pressure, too.

I barely heard anything with 100% volume, but around 7 seconds I heard a mild noise that sounds like the impeller. Nothing to worry about. Good job!

3 hours ago, Muffin. said:

Okay. Sorry for the long delay, I was just waiting for my pwm/argb hub to arrive and then work with the PC rather than having to work with it 2 times (pump, then mess with hub). 

To the point -> I guess it's maybe better? I guess the sound now disappears a bit quicker than it did, but it still comes up randomly and then goes away after secs.

I managed to capture the sound it makes and also a pic how I have it mounted now.

• Pic:

image.thumb.jpeg.88b54716fbc85035ac918253682caa9c.jpeg

• Video (better on headphones, the sound appears at around 6sec. Some talking in the background, sorry, but for a split sec you can hear how the sound appears there): https://streamable.com/hne2zr
  • Also for others I can suggest removing the pre-applied thermal paste and apply new one on your own. I ain't no pro, but this doesn't look like enough:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c7ac8e397a9a63fd78423481e82446b.jpeg
    image.thumb.jpeg.700b2d5f24ae61be501c55582c3fc119.jpeg

The noise the pump makes in your video is way way less than what mine does, so i will mount it the same way you did and i hope that fixes the sound of a mosquito😂

To be honest guys the temps are better by -4°C but the pump noise is still there.😔

1 hour ago, PROZACTv said:

To be honest guys the temps are better by -4°C but the pump noise is still there.😔

Did you make sure to give it a few shakes to get any air out and turn the block tubes up?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

14 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Did you make sure to give it a few shakes to get any air out and turn the block tubes up?

Yeah I did 🫤

So I got in touch with Deepcool via email and showed them the noise my pump makes and they told me to contact the seller to replace it. So if the noise is gone, you don't need a replacement.  @Muffin.

Update: My LS720 got replaced instantly without waiting weeks and weeks for them to take a look at it, the support emails helped a lot for this to happen so fast.

8 hours ago, PROZACTv said:

Update: My LS720 got replaced instantly without waiting weeks and weeks for them to take a look at it, the support emails helped a lot for this to happen so fast.

Great! Happy for you! How's the new one?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

14 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Great! Happy for you! How's the new one?

I got the new Artic now and it's amazing it keeps my 5950x nice and cool 🙂