RDR 2 crashing when entering saloons

Nick123pc

In Red Dead Redemption 2 every time when I try to enter a saloon the game freezes and crashes a second later. I do not play on extremly high settings (textures are ultra and everything else is on medium) and I am getting from 50 to 70 fps. This does not happen only when I set everything to low even though my frame rate goes up by only a few fps. The cpu usage does not excede 50 %. My PC: i5 12600K, gtx 1070, 16gb 3600mt/s ddr4 ram.

Maybe you're not over 18/21 yet ? 馃槃

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

I think that it happens evey time when I try to enter a building or something where there is too much going on so the game cannot load everythimg which is wierd since nothing except my gpu is on 100% utilization and nothing is thermal thotlling.

My last PC ran a 1070, and it could run RDR2 without crashing. I don't think the GPU is the problem. I'd first try turning textures down from ultra, that is maybe causing you to run out of VRAM? Seems unlikely, though. Next, I'd try reinstalling the game and the Nvidia drivers. 聽

Do you have crashing problems in any other games? 聽

9 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

My last PC ran a 1070, and it could run RDR2 without crashing. I don't think the GPU is the problem. I'd first try turning textures down from ultra, that is maybe causing you to run out of VRAM? Seems unlikely, though. Next, I'd try reinstalling the game and the Nvidia drivers. 聽

Do you have crashing problems in any other games? 聽

VRAM usage does not exceed 6.5 gb, it does not mater on which setting the textures are because it crashes as long as it is not on low. I have problems ony in rdr2.

47 minutes ago, Nick123pc said:

VRAM usage does not exceed 6.5 gb, it does not mater on which setting the textures are because it crashes as long as it is not on low. I have problems ony in rdr2.

Still, I agree with Monkey Dust, for the sake of testing, try lowering the texture quality. Especially if setting it to low solves the problem.

What res are you playing at?

I ran RDR2 on a i5 4690k + gtx 960 4gb with no crashes (although choppy at 29 fps) so your system should be able to do it.

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)