Need help with upgrade and clearences

Go to solution Solved by podkall,

Are you focused on aesthetics aswell or would you be fine with using another CPU cooler?

But, you might be able to fit your current one,

I searched the CPU cooler you have on list on pcpartpicker and I looked  at builds that use it,

then I found AM5 system, and I found a system that uses the exact same motherboard you plan using,

here's the picture of the case's inside and link to the build: (as you can see the cooler doesn't go over the RAM sticks)

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QLLPxr

image.png.977f167bd2faff020dc0d5d0c0bce1f5.png

Hil all.

Right now I am rocking 9900k, Z390 Aorus Elite mobo, DarkRock 4 Pro cooler and Corsair LPX RAM in my Meshify C White TG build.

I am about to be replacing the CPU/Mobo/Cooler/RAM pack to a 7800x3d but I am having some clearence worries regarding the cooler that I chose.

The parts that I wanna buy to swap in place of my old ones:

https://pangoly.com/en/build/share/wJk6uoKntEw6cQ83tx76

I am worried that the RAM won't be able to fit underneath the CPU cooler.

I read that I can rotate it so it overhangs the Mobo IO Shield, but I can't seem to find out if it will clear it.

It's pretty hard to find suitable mobo+certified 6000mt ram combo in my location, so I'd rather not change them.

I really want to keep using my Meshify C White TG case.

Does anyone have any suggestions /tips/ anything really?

Are you focused on aesthetics aswell or would you be fine with using another CPU cooler?

I searched the CPU cooler you have on list on pcpartpicker and I looked  at builds that use it,

then I found AM5 system, and I found a system that uses the exact same motherboard you plan using,

here's the picture of the case's inside and link to the build: (as you can see the cooler doesn't go over the RAM sticks)

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Also is you going 64GB RAM because you wanna keep the PC for as long as possible before upgrading?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Looking at the product's page, it seems like having the fan over the VRM heatsink is the "normal" orientation, and they specifically list incompatible motherboards.

Your chosen board is not in it, so I would reckon you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, any reason you're going for this specific cooler? I would assume aesthetics, but who knows.

Edit: Damnit, ninja'ed while I was looking it up 😅

12 hours ago, podkall said:

Also is you going 64GB RAM because you wanna keep the PC for as long as possible before upgrading?

I clicked the wrong thing. I'm gonna use the same kit but 2x16GB.

12 hours ago, podkall said:

Thank you! I don't know why I could not find it myself.
I like how the Assassin looks. There's also the white variant available, where I am.

2 minutes ago, Arucad said:

I clicked the wrong thing. I'm gonna use the same kit but 2x16GB.

plenty of ram for gaming and lot of activities

1 minute ago, Arucad said:

Thank you! I don't know why I could not find it myself.

no problem, I started off googling the cooler and going to pictures, and then I realized pcpartpicker might be more accurate due to having pics with specific motherboards + that cooler

PC:

PCs I used before:

12 hours ago, Aleph256 said:

Looking at the product's page, it seems like having the fan over the VRM heatsink is the "normal" orientation, and they specifically list incompatible motherboards.

Your chosen board is not in it, so I would reckon you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, any reason you're going for this specific cooler? I would assume aesthetics, but who knows.

Edit: Damnit, ninja'ed while I was looking it up 😅

It's one of the best performing air coolers and it has better than the rest RAM clearance. It also comes in white 😄