Recommendations for equipment used by Labs Team

Sihaee

Hey everyone,

I recently watched a video featuring the PHSE-2KB Preheater for water-cooling and attaching copper pipes, which is a bit off our usual topics but I'm seeking some advice. I'm considering it for soldering SMD components on PCBs and am curious if anyone here would recommend it or a similar workstation. My priority is finding a model that securely holds the PCB in place at a more affordable price. There are several options on Amazon, but, I'm concerned about the durability of their heating elements, as many reviews have pointed out issues.

For context, I've looked at models like the ones at the following links: Random Brand or Xtronix, which are priced under $500. However, the one in the video, which seems ideal, ranges from $2,400 (5inx5in) to $4,400(14inx11in), depending on the size.

Does anyone know of a reliable, slightly lab-grade option in the $900 to $1,900 range that would include a sizable heating area (maybe 7inx7in is a good size)? Looking for something that offers both quality and stability. 

If the one used in the video is the, I guess, best one that you could recommend that is slightly lab grade, thats also fine as well. I would prefer quality over price.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!