How to clean / wipe dust from inside of pc case ?

Go to solution Solved by Average Nerd,

I usually use dry microfiber cloths and compressed air to clean computers, if you have dust filters, you can wash those under running water and let them dry fo a bit.

Dusting air out of the case and fans is one thing , but is there anything like precautions when wiping dust from interior surface of cases like power supply shrouds ? I don't think cranking duster speed up will help in removing dust . 

Like , wipe with microfiber cloth ? Or other things I need to know about ? 

I usually use dry microfiber cloths and compressed air to clean computers, if you have dust filters, you can wash those under running water and let them dry fo a bit.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

If it's just dust and dirt, using compressed air to blow it away and a vacuum to suck it up generally is all you need.

If you smoke near your PC and it's covered in resin/tar and sticky, you might need to wipe it down with a cloth and solvent like rubbing alcohol to wipe the sticky grime away.

39 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

36 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

If it's just dust and dirt, using compressed air to blow it away and a vacuum to suck it up generally is all you need.

If you smoke near your PC and it's covered in resin/tar and sticky, you might need to wipe it down with a cloth and solvent like rubbing alcohol to wipe the sticky grime away.

Yup , just dust and dirt , no smoking . And looks like microfiber cloths are good for dust on surface . Thanks , guys . 

I don't clean neglected and really dirty PC's this way but for 15+ years I've been maintaining my personal machines with a simple automotive detail brush and the vacuum nozzle. No dust in the air that's just going to settle and get back on things / inside the PC. 

Now, I wait for all the "omg you can't use a vacuum its going to destroy something with static!" comments. No, i'm not, because I'm not an idiot.