InWin Modfree Review?

ImLuciano

I'm thinking about upgrading my computer case, motherboard, and cpu one step at a time as they are now 5 years old and I'd like a refresh. I was trying to decide a case when I stumbled upon the InWin Modfree. It looks really interesting and since I want to put my own artpiece decoration on the front of the case I'm not concerned with aesthetics. I was trying to find a review and know if there are any red flags or difficulties I should be aware of, but I can't find many reviews. All the reviews on youtube are either below 1k views or from a CES showcase which don't actually build in the case. I found a good one from Hardware Canucks but I'd like to know more. 
Has anyone built in the Modfree? Are there things you like or don't like?

I did a case swap sometime last year using it, and I absolutely love the case.

The orientation I went for is with the motherboard tray rotated 90 degrees clockwise, with my GPU being vertically aligned. My CPU's triple rad having its own compartment to the right, with the GPU's double rad having its own compartment to the left. As far as fan orientation, the two at the bottom there are my only intake (140mm fans) with me exhausting out the top and both sides. Despite that my temperatures are great, mainly because there's plenty of space at the bottom of the case under each compartment for the CPU and GPU rads to pull in fresh air.

The build process was good, but my only annoyance was when it came to routing cables. I had to redo that a couple times, cause due to the modular design of all the modules and compartments you have to route cables through specific cut outs inside of the case, otherwise you won't be able to put the side panels on.

Another important thing I want to mention is if you go with this case, go with the Deluxe edition, and not the base. The Deluxe costs more, but it gives you more options for how you want to set the case up, whereas the base edition seems pretty vanilla in terms of how you can setup the case.

P_20231020_125702.thumb.jpg.70e93d5c257ec3481780b3ec2bec504d.jpg

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

16 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

I did a case swap sometime last year using it, and I absolutely love the case.

The orientation I went for is with the motherboard tray rotated 90 degrees clockwise, with my GPU being vertically aligned. My CPU's triple rad having its own compartment to the right, with the GPU's double rad having its own compartment to the left. As far as fan orientation, the two at the bottom there are my only intake (140mm fans) with me exhausting out the top and both sides. Despite that my temperatures are great, mainly because there's plenty of space at the bottom of the case under each compartment for the CPU and GPU rads to pull in fresh air.

The build process was good, but my only annoyance was when it came to routing cables. I had to redo that a couple times, cause due to the modular design of all the modules and compartments you have to route cables through specific cut outs inside of the case, otherwise you won't be able to put the side panels on.

Another important thing I want to mention is if you go with this case, go with the Deluxe edition, and not the base. The Deluxe costs more, but it gives you more options for how you want to set the case up, whereas the base edition seems pretty vanilla in terms of how you can setup the case.

P_20231020_125702.thumb.jpg.70e93d5c257ec3481780b3ec2bec504d.jpg

Looks awesome, thanks. I was considering the base to start depending on how much the compartments cost when added later, so its good to know to just start with the deluxe.