Pimax Crystal vs Bigscreen Beyond

BotDamian

Hi everyone,

I want to buy myself some neat VR goggles, I just saw the Bigscreen Beyond video after Reddit made me aware of the goggles, the idea of making it light and simple is awesome, minimalistic.

I used the HTC Vive Pro from a friend, and the resolution isn't great, the quality isn't great, but I had the most fun in my life since a long time playing Dirt Rally, JUST INSANE!!!!

Ok ok calm down *deep breath* so:

I was looking at the Pimax Crystal and it had a huge FOV, and is very cinematic (this is what I understand from reading and watching reviews) but I also saw that Pimax support is very bad, replies if you get one, take weeks and for some people even months. Damages and issues with their headsets aren't handled by Pimax, people get broken goggles and wait months for replacements, if they get a replacement. But they say that the FOV makes it worth it, when it works then it's like you're in the game itself.

With Bigscreen Beyond, the fact that is so small, light and custom made (foam etc) seems very professional, because things that are custom made, are usually like "racing cars", they don't do a lot, like they can't be adjusted a lot or close to no adjustment, but if you set it up, you have the best experience ever. As a fact, I drove in a R34 GTR and it's fun until you sit in a cupsport car and you realize very quick that 400hp is more than enough for a race car. So the Bigscreen company feels more professional and proud of their work, what makes me kinda lean more towards Bigscreen Beyond.

Now if lets say, Pimax Support is bad, and if my headset comes without any issues or damages and will just work for next few years, then Bigscreen Beyond being very lightweight, making it seem like air (170g less than my phone), moving your head and not feeling the pull that i had on the HTC Vive Pro, i was playing a racing game so it didn't matter, but what I played a FPS or something were I move my head all the time... (neck muscle training lol)

Idk I need some advice or maybe a new Pimax Crystal video on LTT 😄

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

I've been gaming with a Pimax 8K X since late 2021 and I still love it. The only issue being all of the issues. Pimax has made massive leaps in product and software quality, but their support is straight gold. They will work with you at almost any hour and actively work with you if you can get past their copy+paste army. The 8K X is also still not fully supported by today's hardware. The headset's resolution is just that high. A 4090 FE with EK ABP will still sweat even with DCS World, and that's without additional upscaling. Yes the FOV is excellent 👀

I wished to see official upgrades to the optics of the 8K X but so far seem left to figure it out on my own.

Bigscreen Beyond does not look like an upgrade at $999, it looks decent though. Personally, with myopia (I wear glasses, near sighted) I would not spring for a new headset unless it has diopter adjustments. I like how Bigscreen Beyond's headset uses lighthouse tracking, this is a drawback sometimes but concerning tracking quality - it's best with lighthouses.

I would go for the Crystal, only because it's SoC powered with option for tethered VR, if I did not have a headset already. Keep in mind the Crystal is a beta, Pimax has another headset coming with additional features.

Full balls VR is Apple Vision Pro but idk about controls with that, go spend some money and enjoy.