Samsung tab s9 ultra not working with usb-c to displayport cable

Hi, I've been having some trouble connecting my tablet to my monitor with a usb c to displayport cable. When connecting with a usb c to hdmi adapter and a hdmi cable, it works fine, but only at 1440p, due to the adapter I have not being high enough bandwidth. The monitor is 4k, and I'd like to use it at that resolution. I've tested the cable (AmazonBasics type c to displayport) with my laptop and it works fine, furthermore, my phone (Samsung galaxy xcover 6 pro) is able to use the cable and output to the display in dex mode. However, connecting the cable to the tablet results in a 'display connected' popup but no signal on the monitor. I've genuinely got noidea what's causing this, as every component seems to work separately, but not together. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Edit:

Even if dex won't support 4k, I'd still prefer to use the displayport cable for this monitor as it stays on my desk while the hdmi adapter gets carried around with me in my bag for using while out at uni libraries.

37 minutes ago, Cyber Raven said:

Hi, I've been having some trouble connecting my tablet to my monitor with a usb c to displayport cable. When connecting with a usb c to hdmi adapter and a hdmi cable, it works fine, but only at 1440p, due to the adapter I have not being high enough bandwidth. The monitor is 4k, and I'd like to use it at that resolution. I've tested the cable (AmazonBasics type c to displayport) with my laptop and it works fine, furthermore, my phone (Samsung galaxy xcover 6 pro) is able to use the cable and output to the display in dex mode. However, connecting the cable to the tablet results in a 'display connected' popup but no signal on the monitor. I've genuinely got noidea what's causing this, as every component seems to work separately, but not together. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Edit:

Even if dex won't support 4k, I'd still prefer to use the displayport cable for this monitor as it stays on my desk while the hdmi adapter gets carried around with me in my bag for using while out at uni libraries.

Used to be able to use my s22 with double sided usb-c that came with it and use dex to my lenovo moniter. Since the newest update that stopped working as well 😕 Monitor recognizes it and turns on but then just goes to power saving mode and my phone shows no sign of recognizing my monitor anymore.

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Currently using an S22+ with type c->HDMI and works just fine. Maybe slightly lower res than I remember, but still just fine.

22 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Currently using an S22+ with type c->HDMI and works just fine. Maybe slightly lower res than I remember, but still just fine.

I'm having the same issue but my phone won't even screen share. How I lower res, because that's probably it since the monitor is only 1080P

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

On 2/13/2024 at 2:26 PM, BiotechBen said:

Type-c to hdmi seems to work fine, it's type-c to displayport that isn't. I'm wondering if it's a signalling issue with the tablet only being able to send an hdmi signal tunnelled through displayport, rather than a displayport signal that then gets converted by the dongle. I've tried with another tab s9 ultra a family member had, and it didn't want to work either but again had no problem with hdmi.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the encoding of display signals by Snapdragon mobile chipsets, can they generally send displayport signals or not?