Bad return policy

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,
Just now, Fankywanky said:

It’s 12 not 13 I checked.

Did the boxes show any indication of being dropped, either the outer box, or the inner box from the manufacturer? The reality is that it's likely it wasn't Amazon's fault. If the socket has a bent pin, it's either an AM5 motherboard, or an Intel motherboard, in this case it should've had the protective cover over the socket. If that's the case, and the cover showed no signs of damage, the bent pins likely occurred at MSI. Same goes with the DRAM slot.

All that being said, it shouldn't matter if it was their fault or not. The product is damaged, and you should have the ability to return it back to Amazon for a refund. It's more or less Amazon's problem, or at least they should be accepting that a customer might make it their problem. Whoever you spoke up was probably just trying to push you back to the manufacturer instead.

Anyone else think amazons return policy is shit?

My experience is you can get them to accept a return of almost anything for any reason so... no. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Can you expand on your opinion? The last time I had to return something...I literally didn't receive the product. It was just an empty shipper bag, and they told me I didn't have to return anything.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Literally the only time their return policy for me was less than perfect was when I had ordered new PC fans and they forgot one in the package (ordered 6, received 5). I had to contact support, the guy said it would be there the next day, and it wasn't. Contacted again the next day, the representative then finally agreed it wasn't shipped and shipped the missing one. 

Everything else, it's no questions asked, I drive to the nearest Kohl's, drop it off at the desk, and I'm done. Only times I've ever heard of people having issues is when they abuse the system.

I’ve had 2 faulty motherboards delivered to me by Amazon and I was unable to return them because they said it wasn’t their fault that they were bad. That alone has cost me over 500$

47 minutes ago, Fankywanky said:

I’ve had 2 faulty motherboards delivered to me by Amazon and I was unable to return them because they said it wasn’t their fault that they were bad. That alone has cost me over 500$

What made them faulty? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

One came with bent cpu socket pins and the outher came with a broken dram slot.

5 minutes ago, Fankywanky said:

One came with bent cpu socket pins and the outher came with a broken dram slot.

Did you actually get it through Amazon? Or was it a third party seller?

It was bought from the Amazon website on the Msi page.

20 minutes ago, Fankywanky said:

It was bought from the Amazon website on the Msi page.

How long did you wait to attempt to return them? 

Just now, Fankywanky said:

It’s 12 not 13 I checked.

Did the boxes show any indication of being dropped, either the outer box, or the inner box from the manufacturer? The reality is that it's likely it wasn't Amazon's fault. If the socket has a bent pin, it's either an AM5 motherboard, or an Intel motherboard, in this case it should've had the protective cover over the socket. If that's the case, and the cover showed no signs of damage, the bent pins likely occurred at MSI. Same goes with the DRAM slot.

All that being said, it shouldn't matter if it was their fault or not. The product is damaged, and you should have the ability to return it back to Amazon for a refund. It's more or less Amazon's problem, or at least they should be accepting that a customer might make it their problem. Whoever you spoke up was probably just trying to push you back to the manufacturer instead.