How do you know if prefer cache is actually working?

Go to solution Solved by Mando772004,
22 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

There is no fix. This is why 7950x3D is a terrible to use if you do just gaming or mixed workloads. You either have to disable cores or figure out what works best since the Prefer cores or cached cores has been shown to not function properly. Theres been quite a few posts about this and nothing really gets it to work perfectly every time.

ok update, i fixed it, there was an update for the app "gaming services" on windows store. please for anyone viewing this with a X3D chip, spam the get updates button in windows store and check for updates in settings. itll eventually download an update thatll fix it. if that doesnt work try putting in bios preferred cores to cache then booting up on your pc then switching back to auto.

How do i know if the cores with more cache are actually the ones being used in games? I used to know by opening core temp and id notice that cores 0 to 7 are getting high clock speeds while the other 8 are lower, but when i reinstalled windows it seems all the cores are getting high clock speeds, i have latest bios and i installed the amd vcache driver and i even tried setting it in bios to prefer cache instead of auto. Game bar is updated and im on win 11 pro. Any fix? Im on a 7950x3d

11 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

How do i know if the cores with more cache are actually the ones being used in games? I used to know by opening core temp and id notice that cores 0 to 7 are getting high clock speeds while the other 8 are lower, but when i reinstalled windows it seems all the cores are getting high clock speeds, i have latest bios and i installed the amd vcache driver and i even tried setting it in bios to prefer cache instead of auto. Game bar is updated and im on win 11 pro. Any fix? Im on a 7950x3d

There is no fix. This is why 7950x3D is a terrible to use if you do just gaming or mixed workloads. You either have to disable cores or figure out what works best since the Prefer cores or cached cores has been shown to not function properly. Theres been quite a few posts about this and nothing really gets it to work perfectly every time.

16 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

okay then, thats sad

22 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

ok update, i fixed it, there was an update for the app "gaming services" on windows store. please for anyone viewing this with a X3D chip, spam the get updates button in windows store and check for updates in settings. itll eventually download an update thatll fix it. if that doesnt work try putting in bios preferred cores to cache then booting up on your pc then switching back to auto.