Best Android phone for up to 800€

_Omega_

Hello i am thinking about getting a new phone and just want to hear some opinions about current phones.

Right now im looking at the Pixel 8 but i dont know if there are maybe way better options.

Right now i own the (Xiaomi) POCO X3 NFC, wich still works okay-ish but im not satisfied with the lack of updates and the OS in total. 

Pixel 8 definitely seems like the best option, you get a rlly good phone, 7 years of software support and most importantly, you can install grapheneOS on it, to prevent google from constantly spying on you

What always guides my choice is the ability to unlock the bootloader and install other operating systems. I had been buying OnePlus devices for a while, made the switch to a Pixel 8 this time around (didn't go Pro, as I didn't want the larger device). I've been happy with the Pixel 8. Currently running crDroid on it. 

The Pixel 8 also has pretty good support accessory-wise. Which is something that isn't always true, when you get away from some of the larger brands.

I will say the Pixel 8 routinely goes on sale, so I would make sure you pick it up while on sale if you go that route.

I guess Pixel 8 it is then, ill wait a few weeks for a possible sale

@MiszS & @OhioYJ how bad is the stock os experience with the Pixel 8? As at least one of my banking apps are so far not supporting any "custom" ROM that i know of ...

12 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

@MiszS & @OhioYJ how bad is the stock os experience with the Pixel 8? As at least one of my banking apps are so far not supporting any "custom" ROM that i know of ...

Not that it's "bad", it's just all the Google spyware that you don't want will be active 

12 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

Being rooted fixes many things. I only install my bank app if I have to deposit a check, other than that I just use the website. However with magisk I can use my bank app no issue.

However the stock ROM is fine. Some people like it. I mean there are ROMs for other phones based on the Pixel OS as people do like it. I just prefer Lineage. (CrDroid is the closest thing to that)

@OhioYJ @MiszS

Sorry for bothering you once more but there was an unexpected development regarding a new phone... I won a OnePlus Nord 3 5G 16 + 256 GB in a giveaway 😄

Now the question, should i just use the OnePlus or sell it on eBay and buy the Pixel 8 (256 GB)? Just wanted to ask you once more as you seem to have more experience in the mobile market than me especially as i never even held a OnePlus device in my hands at all.  

46 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

@OhioYJ @MiszS

Sorry for bothering you once more but there was an unexpected development regarding a new phone... I won a OnePlus Nord 3 5G 16 + 256 GB in a giveaway 😄

Now the question, should i just use the OnePlus or sell it on eBay and buy the Pixel 8 (256 GB)? Just wanted to ask you once more as you seem to have more experience in the mobile market than me especially as i never even held a OnePlus device in my hands at all.  

damn that's lucky, whether you should sell it or not, all depends if you care about privacy and software support that much, because of grapheneOS that you can put on the pixel. If you don't care about it that much, then i'd just keep the phone

1 hour ago, _Omega_ said:

@OhioYJ @MiszS

The Nord 3 is a fine device. My father in law is using one. Everyone in my house is using the Pixel 8 at the moment. If you want to use Custom ROMs they are already out for the Pixel 8. OnePlus stuff has been hit or miss for custom ROMs in recent times. The Nord 2 got custom ROMs though, so you will likely just need to give it some time for the Nord 3 development to get there.

If you don't care about custom ROMs, I don't see anything wrong with the OnePlus device, especially since you already have it. The Pixel is likely better in some ways, but if it were me, I'm not sure it would be better enough I would go through the hassle of trying to sell a device and possibly be out money to buy another one. It's just not "better enough" to justify it if you don't care about running another OS.