PSU for new build

exxxydawg
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
2 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

Could you please suggest me better alternatives for adata core reactor II 850?

For example, is Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W better in terms of quality? It's only a few $ more than adata I mentioned above.

The Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W is a better PSU over the Core Reaction II in terms of quality but both will do equally well in terms of powering your system.

1000W is very overkill but if you want to buy one then go for it 馃檪

You could easily run this system on a 750w.

You can check the PSU Tierlist.

The GF3 is in A:Tier while the Adata Core II is in B:Tier.

Both are acceptable for high end builds.

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Hello!

I just ordered 7900xt sapphire pulse, within a few weeks I'll also get a ryzen 7800x3d, ak620 zero dark to cool it and a b650 asus tuf plus wifi mobo, 2x16gb 6000 cl30 ram, 2tb adata s70 ssd.

Initially I was planining to get a 7800xt but I found a pretty sweet deal for a 7900xt so I went with it. For 7800xt I wanted to get a 850w adata core reactor II psu, but now that I have a 7900xt, which PSU should I get?

In case you'd want to send me a few links - I live in Russia, use https://www.dns-shop.ru/ to look for psu's.

Thank you in advance! 馃挏

5 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

Hello!

I just ordered 7900xt sapphire pulse, within a few weeks I'll also get a ryzen 7800x3d, ak620 zero dark to cool it and a b650 asus tuf plus wifi mobo, 2x16gb 6000 cl30 ram, 2tb adata s70 ssd.

Initially I was planining to get a 7800xt but I found a pretty sweet deal for a 7900xt so I went with it. For 7800xt I wanted to get a 850w adata core reactor II psu, but now that I have a 7900xt, which PSU should I get?

In case you'd want to send me a few links - I live in Russia, use https://www.dns-shop.ru/ to look for psu's.

Thank you in advance! 馃挏

A 850w will still be more than plenty for the 7800X3D and 7900xt.

The 7900xt only draws 300-315w and the 7800X3D only draws 120w, and this is at 100% load. You still got pleeenty of power left for the rest of the system.聽

Buy the 850w adata core reactor II, its a decent PSU 馃檪

The Corsair RM850x is also a decent PSU thats is worth considering.
Both PSU's come with 10 year warranty.

8 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

A 850w will still be more than plenty for the 7800X3D and 7900xt.

The 7900xt only draws 300-315w and the 7800X3D only draws 120w, and this is at 100% load. You still got pleeenty of power left for the rest of the system.聽

Buy the 850w adata core reactor II, its a decent PSU 馃檪

Thank you for your answer! It's good to know that 850w would be enough!)

For example, is Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W (there's no 850w in stock so I mentioned a 1000w model) better in terms of quality? It's only a few $ more than adata I mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, exxxydawg said:

For example, is Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W better in terms of quality? It's only a few $ more than adata I mentioned above.

The Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 1000W is a better PSU over the Core Reaction II in terms of quality but both will do equally well in terms of powering your system.

1000W is very overkill but if you want to buy one then go for it 馃檪

You could easily run this system on a 750w.

You can check the PSU Tierlist.

The GF3 is in A:Tier while the Adata Core II is in B:Tier.

Both are acceptable for high end builds.

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/