Updates not working

I'm using linux mint, and few days ago my update manager stopped working, when try to update it either just doesn't do anything, or gives me this error, it doesn't ask for password.

image.png.bc9cf674efac97fa28011f8d9900029b.png

And when i try to update using sudo apt update, it also doesn't work

image.png.e990312a40b1ac1e18e6ee41a57de73d.png

Also i'm pretty sure i uninstalled sublime text, why does it appear in the updates?

I'm not an Linux expert, but it says something about brave, so maybe try chrome or Firefox as an default browser?

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

4 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

I'm not an Linux expert, but it says something about brave, so maybe try chrome or Firefox as an default browser?

no way in hell i switched to linux, just to use chrome, and firefox doesn't do all the things i need, i tried it before

2 minutes ago, MiszS said:

no way in hell i switched to linux, just to use chrome, and firefox doesn't do all the things i need

No no, I ment just for the update

2 minutes ago, MiszS said:

i tried it before

Updating it with a diff. Default browser or the browsers in general?

Sorry if I'm not helping im trying my best...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

41 minutes ago, MiszS said:

when try to update it either just doesn't do anything, or gives me this error

It is showing the error as it trying to download/install 32bit version which does not exist. You may need to specify 64bit architecture in the apt config file for the brave repository.

https://community.brave.com/t/solved-linux-deb-install-gives-error-when-you-apt-update-a-repository/464626

41 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Also i'm pretty sure i uninstalled sublime text, why does it appear in the updates?

Need to also remove the sublime repo from sources.list.d. Or use synaptic package manger to remove third party repositories.

1 hour ago, C2dan88 said:

It is showing the error as it trying to download/install 32bit version which does not exist. You may need to specify 64bit architecture in the apt config file for the brave repository.

https://community.brave.com/t/solved-linux-deb-install-gives-error-when-you-apt-update-a-repository/464626

Need to also remove the sublime repo from sources.list.d. Or use synaptic package manger to remove third party repositories.

i think it did something, but now i get this error when trying to refresh package manager

image.png.13d8be70b5a42efd2688988a4fdd0de3.png

23 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

Do you still use codelite? If not remove that repo as you did with sublime text

Otherwise import the repos gpg key. This article explains how to do so.

https://itsfoss.com/key-is-stored-in-legacy-trusted-gpg/

Not sure how do i do it, because after removing codelite from additional repositories, i get no error message, it just doesn't work when i press the button. It does seem to work with sudo apt-get upgrade. It seems to work after i unchecked Vinegar from the list, and updated it in the terminal

On 2/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, MiszS said:

no way in hell i switched to linux, just to use chrome, and firefox doesn't do all the things i need, i tried it before

What browser you wanna use? I am curious. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 hours ago, wasab said:

What browser you wanna use? I am curious. 

i'm using brave rn

Refresh your keys by doing this

gpg --refresh-keys

Sudo apt update

I'd suggest to use flatpak and install brave it usually avoid this issue.

I wouldn't mess with keys tbh.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

What already was said by @C2dan88 and @BoomerDutch. Once you removed that repo from your source list, I'd run the refresh-keys followed by the apt update. That should do it. Nevertheless, you need to make sure you're on 64bit. Or your machine is really really old, but if it's rather recent, it should run a 64bit os without issues and than it's best to pair it with 64 bit packages as well.

3 hours ago, Flying-Dutchman said:

What already was said by @C2dan88 and @BoomerDutch. Once you removed that repo from your source list, I'd run the refresh-keys followed by the apt update. That should do it. Nevertheless, you need to make sure you're on 64bit. Or your machine is really really old, but if it's rather recent, it should run a 64bit os without issues and than it's best to pair it with 64 bit packages as well.

I mean it works now, after updating everything from the terminal, and my pc isn't that old, I have i7 8700

Oh yeah, I know that one well! 😄 It's basically the repo mimimi-ing because brave doesn't have both versions when you yourself have the i386 repo enabled.

To circumvent that, I switched to flatpak with brave. It's not much different except for the fact that you have to enable proxies via terminal.