Upgrading a CSE-847

Hi everyone,

I'm very fond of my CSE-847 server running Unraid so far. But I want to upgrade the hardware as it currently still sports the original dual Intel CPU (Xeon E5-2650 v4) board (Super X10DRi-T4+) and I was contemplating getting an  ASRock Rack B650D4U-2L2T/BCM instead. I see that the power distribution board should in theory fit the requirements (1 x 24 pin, 2 x 8 pin). Do you see any issues with that upgrade path?

Best regards

Should be fine. Supermicro's power breakouts are standard ATX, as far as I remember.

Is the LGA2011-3 underperforming for what you need it to do?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

12 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Should be fine. Supermicro's power breakouts are standard ATX, as far as I remember.

Is the LGA2011-3 underperforming for what you need it to do?

Not really underperforming, but I want to have the power consumption going down a little and still gain more performance. Also, I am planning to replace the 7 stock fans as the case eventually goes from a data center into my home.

Finally, I want - running Unraid and a Plex docker - to make use of the various HW transcoding capabilities of a Ryzen 7 7700. Also considering going with the 8700G instead (or a potential 8750G if ECC is not avail.), for transcoding purposes. Still, it is not listed as compatible, so I might need to reach out to clarify if it is.