Will my PC stop doing that?

Rubixxxx
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

It will eventually stop smelling like Chemicals. its a process called Off Gassing and is common for the first few days/weeks. 

I just got a pc today, and it really heats my room up (because of heat)

but it also starts smelling like chemicals/poison in the air. i know that my case wont kill me or so, but will that stop after some time, or will my pc just do that forever?

I know that RGB doesn't make my PC 10 times faster...but at least 2 times

it kinda smells like cheap rubber in your mouth and like play dough in your nose

I know that RGB doesn't make my PC 10 times faster...but at least 2 times

It will eventually stop smelling like Chemicals. its a process called Off Gassing and is common for the first few days/weeks. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 hours ago, Rubixxxx said:

it kinda smells like cheap rubber in your mouth and like play dough in your nose

Sounds like your describing a new XL mouse pad. 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

It's normal for new electronics to smell like chemicals, especially once they heat up. I bought a Corsair PSU a while back and it smelled terrible while gaming, but it went away after about a week.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

On 2/4/2024 at 10:30 PM, Rubixxxx said:

I just got a pc today, and it really heats my room up (because of heat)

but it also starts smelling like chemicals/poison in the air. i know that my case wont kill me or so, but will that stop after some time, or will my pc just do that forever?

Not a lot of people talk about the EXTERNAL pc heat issue, its especially problematic in loft rooms or small rooms.

My advice would be to get 15cm (or similar diameter) kitchen hood hose, they are cheaper, but you might need to insulate them with a cloth or something so it doesn't transfer heat to your room or get a portable AC exhaust hose, they are prettier and made of plastic so won't conduct much heat.

And than just vent the heat from your case out the window, you can get portable AC window adapters too if you don't feel like cutting up wood or foam board.

Additional fan at the end of the hose might help, you don't need a PC fan for that, to make cabling easier there are mains power fans that are small like pc fans.