Windows Refuses to Re-Activate my license After BIOS Update

rockero_8727

My Windows 11 Pro Product Key was purchased directly through the Microsoft Store in April 2023.
Today I decided to update my BIOS because it had been more than 2 years since the last time. After updating I couldn't log in to Windows using my PIN and was prompted to log in using my Microsoft Account.
After using my computer for a few minutes I got the watermark on my screen.
I tried clicking the "I changed hardware recently" button, but it did not work for me.
I also called Microsoft Support and immediately told them all I did, but the representative still had me go through all the steps again.
They also sent me an email to perform the following commands on the command prompt: 

slmgr.vbs /dlv

slmgr.vbs /upk

slmgr.vbs /cpky

slmgr.vbs /ipk 

slmgr.vbs /ato

But all that did was delete any history of the product key from my computer. 
At this point, the representative informed me that I was going to be transferred to tier 2.

When the new person got through, I briefed him on the current situation and he apologized and ended the call.

No one here is going to tell you how to circumvent Windows activation, if that's what you're after.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

If you have a retail windows key, back up your important data and reinstall windows, using your retail key to activate it.

Just a clean slate, sometimes that will work with Microsoft’s weird key management stuff with Microsoft accounts.

44 minutes ago, rockero_8727 said:

My Windows 11 Pro Product Key was purchased directly through the Microsoft Store in April 2023.
Today I decided to update my BIOS because it had been more than 2 years since the last time. After updating I couldn't log in to Windows using my PIN and was prompted to log in using my Microsoft Account.
After using my computer for a few minutes I got the watermark on my screen.
I tried clicking the "I changed hardware recently" button, but it did not work for me.
I also called Microsoft Support and immediately told them all I did, but the representative still had me go through all the steps again.
They also sent me an email to perform the following commands on the command prompt: 

slmgr.vbs /dlv

slmgr.vbs /upk

slmgr.vbs /cpky

slmgr.vbs /ipk 

slmgr.vbs /ato

But all that did was delete any history of the product key from my computer. 
At this point, the representative informed me that I was going to be transferred to tier 2.

When the new person got through, I briefed him on the current situation and he apologized and ended the call.

That's unfortunate, I've always found Microsoft sort this sort of thing out over the phone without issues - though yeah it seems to take way longer than it should.  Last time I had to do it they seemed to speed things up by just giving me a new key.

Now its wiped out the key from your computer, what happens if you go to activation?  If its tied to your Microsoft account it should ask you which license you want to assign to that PC.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7