3090ti and meta quest 3

Adam1984

Hi im thinking of getting a meta quest 3 for sim racing. Cant find much information about the 3090ti and the quest 3.

Will I have any issues with this card and using VR? (I did see that it had trouble with some older vr headsets)

Motherboard is an msi z790 tomahawk ddr4

32 gb ram @3600mhz

I7-12700KF

Thanks

https://www.meta.com/gb/quest/quest-3/?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=20987776004&utm_term=meta quest 3&utm_content=688066876464&utm_funnel=dcap&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5fetBhC9ARIsAP1UMgFe7uRL0FtGT27CGjfcsTstvoORczsf9HABlO_8w_2tzdy0Y-yL8D4aAhjjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you scroll down the page linked you'll find tech specs... for this to work with your PC you'll need to buy a Meta Quest link cable and Air Link for it to work. As far as performance issues you shouldn't really have any with a 3090ti, compatibility should again not be a problem but as with everything your experience may be different to my experience if I were to buy it. There has to be someone in this community that has the VR set and a 3090ti that can give you more help with a similar setup to yours?

7 hours ago, Fr33K!e said:

https://www.meta.com/gb/quest/quest-3/?utm_source=gg&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=20987776004&utm_term=meta quest 3&utm_content=688066876464&utm_funnel=dcap&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5fetBhC9ARIsAP1UMgFe7uRL0FtGT27CGjfcsTstvoORczsf9HABlO_8w_2tzdy0Y-yL8D4aAhjjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you scroll down the page linked you'll find tech specs... for this to work with your PC you'll need to buy a Meta Quest link cable and Air Link for it to work. As far as performance issues you shouldn't really have any with a 3090ti, compatibility should again not be a problem but as with everything your experience may be different to my experience if I were to buy it. There has to be someone in this community that has the VR set and a 3090ti that can give you more help with a similar setup to yours?

Hi thanks for your reply, I didnt realise I needed an extra cable, or that it was 89.99. Could be a dealbreaker for me already, thanks again for the heads up.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:34 AM, Adam1984 said:

Hi thanks for your reply, I didnt realise I needed an extra cable, or that it was 89.99. Could be a dealbreaker for me already, thanks again for the heads up.

you don't need the original cable.

I bought this one (romanian store, sorry): https://www.emag.ro/cablu-pentru-oculus-quest-2-1-jeswo-5m-negru-ac-5m/pd/DJF938MBM/?ref=history-shopping_350450876_145626_1

The price in USD for me was about 10 USD, which includes a 20% tax in my country.

In my research I identify 3 main needs for the cable:

1. Actual USB 3.0 speeds (5gb/s) - Oculus desktop app will warn you if cable speed is below 3.0 so you can return it. USB-IF really screwed us with the new rules about USB naming, even 2.0 has been renamed to sound much faster so be careful about scams with 2.0 because they are everywhere.

2. The USB C that plugs into the quest must be a 90 degree, not straight

3. You need a cable strap, it's bad idea to let the cable flex at the port, here's my setup:image.thumb.jpeg.6f7513784484ea6f3720e8ba142a925a.jpeg