Genshin impact - 60fps limit (without fix)

kasdashd

Why is genshin impact still limited to only 60fps on PC, without the fix you can apply that uncaps the fps?

This makes no sense, as all modern PC games, and PC games in general, have, and have always had uncapped fps support, cause that's just how PC games work, mostly. 

I've tried sending this feedback to the genshin impact support team/developers multiple times, but nothing has changed. Anybody who knows these people, and can ask them about this issue?

I have no idea what this game is but a quick google for "uncap fps genshin" nets a lot of results with ways to do it.

5 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

This makes no sense, as all modern PC games, and PC games in general, have, and have always had uncapped fps support, cause that's just how PC games work, mostly. 

This is simply not true at all. There are TONS of games that do not have uncapped fps support. Its a Mobile game that you can also play on PC. Usually these types of games do that in some way, 60 fps or 120 fps. There are work arounds though as you can see.

48 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

This is simply not true at all. There are TONS of games that do not have uncapped fps support. Its a Mobile game that you can also play on PC. Usually these types of games do that in some way, 60 fps or 120 fps. There are work arounds though as you can see.

Work arounds shouldn't be the answer. How come the IOS version of the game have the option to run the game at 120 fps? Clearly it isn't an engine issue nor is it lazy programming. I understand that the mobile versions of the game have less detail compared to consoles or PC but why should a passively cooled handheld device running on a god dang battery which thermal throttles after like 15 mins of use have the option for 120 fps?? Why can't the PC release have that? It makes no sense to me. 

Allegedly rumour has it there was a deal between Mihoyo and Apple to have GI run at 120fps ONLY on iPhones, leaving Android and PC users stuck at 60fps. Frustrating considering their previous game Honkai Impact 3rd can run at 120fps on PC, without a third party fix. Just a...game theory though.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2024 at 12:04 AM, kasdashd said:

Update:

This .exe file works for uncapping the fps in 2024:

https://github.com/34736384/genshin-fps-unlock/releases/tag/v3.0.4

Now for the real question, will Hoyoverse ban my account if I use this? They aren't so keen on people modding their games, last time I checked...

Off topic, but there is a trick I accidentally found to get >60fps in their other game Honkai Star Rail. First set vertical sync to "On" in NVIDIA Control Panel / AMD Adrenalin, then set Vsync to "On" in the in-game settings (both must be on). Then see your FPS shoot up to whatever your display's max refresh rate is. Shame this trick doesn't work in GI though...

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

On 4/24/2024 at 10:30 AM, emothxughts said:

Now for the real question, will Hoyoverse ban my account if I use this? They aren't so keen on people modding their games, last time I checked...

Off topic, but there is a trick I accidentally found to get >60fps in their other game Honkai Star Rail. First set vertical sync to "On" in NVIDIA Control Panel / AMD Adrenalin, then set Vsync to "On" in the in-game settings (both must be on). Then see your FPS shoot up to whatever your display's max refresh rate is. Shame this trick doesn't work in GI though...

Thanks for the trick. And they haven’t banned me yet for using this, but they might do it at some point, so it’s at your own risk.