Just tired of it but can't get out either.

Hi everyone,

I'm starting seeing more obvious shady/negative adverts and obvious company mistakes but yet decided to sweep under rug.

In gaming section.

Developers makes too many promises and abandon game that doesn't do well.

Most of the games that I'm seeing right now ain't much fun or its basically 1.2 version incomplete. Stupid early access bullshit ass eating ARGHH

To me early acces is NEARLY completed game. Not ******* 1.2 content game.

So much deceiving and issues and regrets I'm losing more care to buy games even losing care to buy new devices because they all gonna **** up and shift problems to us.

And i literally dont have energy for microtransactions like seriously go back to gambling section.

Because I'm playing your damn game for like 10/12 hours then ill never play again 

And why do competitive gaming devs  hate linux so much.

And why are even more cheaters than ever, its feels like 20% of population are cheaters.

As for adverts.

Well everyone hates advertisements.

Like I don't mind advertisements 10/20/30 seconds is fine as long its decent advertisement.

Not some dumb **** YouTuber with fake game or obvious scam advert or obvious malicious advertisment. This shit scares me like seriously.

on Andriod phone YouTube the ad is at bottom where the buttons are. Like I'm sorry i don't do accidentally click on ad while wanting to return.

Why are you making my life so difficult to use YouTube and as everyone knows nowadays first google result is a ad no matter what.

So if i search steam i get two steam results both looked same but second had list of extra pages like community.

Then second is obviously real one and first not.

I just don't understand and probably never will understand.

Regret buying new phone too early from new company called nothing.

Like great i have this nothing phone (2)

I've been using it for while i was happy on andriod 13 until they.. updated to 14...

Bluetooth broke.. like i need it to be able listen to music or make video call but i can't.. i can't.. now I'm stuck with this phone. I've been waiting updates 2 updates passed still haven't resolved it.

Andriod television from company philips 

I have this television for while it was working great until 2023 there was update and now every once while i got 10 fps on main menu for like minute and now its back running smooth but then again comes back when ever.

Which then i realised this television is doing something everytime so I've investigated and found out strange domains names and such so i pulled plug and never plugged in again until i have energy to tinker and solve it.

It's just.. why are you making my life so difficult, you're not getting my money. I've paid for product and that should be end of it. But no you just.. 😩

Now i have all these devices that is half broken or turned off forever.

I understand that you want more money and bigger **** but limit exist you can't squeeze even more out of it.

Any have similar issued or dilemas?

*Touches grass*

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

The nothing and philips thing is why I dont update for a while till shit is fixed or why I never ever use the smart tv built in trash since it will break sooner than later and will start sucking.

Philips thing is an easy fix btw disconnext it from the internet (data fetch causes it) and get a 40$ google chromecast with tv you'll be back to better than new experience.

The nothing phone had a bad update and a fix is promised.

As for games I literally do not look at what is coming out on purpose. I'd rather hear from friends that game x is out and fun or something as I can decently well trust their views as we tend to align.

Its why I got palworld. Last early access for me was either ark or factorio and I enjoyed both a lot. Ark less later on due to the bs with dlcs but hey paid 11€ for it in 2014 so cant complain for some years of fun.

Else what happens is I might get surprised by a game that came out a bit ago, is now complete and I can fully enjoy. Or a game with a promising start went to shit and died a horrible death and I didnt even know about it till I could see the end result and never interacted with it

So basically my advice for games would be to pull yourself back, play the ones you like ACTIVELY do not engage with new things coming out and let yourself find em by accident later.

16 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

As for adverts.

Well everyone hates advertisements.

Like I don't mind advertisements 10/20/30 seconds is fine as long its decent advertisement.

Not some dumb **** YouTuber with fake game or obvious scam advert or obvious malicious advertisment. This shit scares me like seriously.

on Andriod phone YouTube the ad is at bottom where the buttons are. Like I'm sorry i don't do accidentally click on ad while wanting to return.

I agree. Game ads are just plain misleading now and everyone uses the same stlye of adverts. The fake gameplay shown in the adverts doesn't even look fun for more than a few times of playing. I've also gotten dozens of 4:50min long ads talking about a "revolutionary" product, lately it's been heaters that "recycle the hot air so nothing gets wasted" and that can run with a "power of only 230V". Also pretty annoyed about the ad situation on YouTube. Temu is also displaying ads for the weirdest shit noone would buy (imo)

3 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

"power of only 230V".

Nevermind that this means they could consume anything from 5W to 3680W.

4 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

I agree. Game ads are just plain misleading now and everyone uses the same stlye of adverts. The fake gameplay shown in the adverts doesn't even look fun for more than a few times of playing. I've also gotten dozens of 4:50min long ads talking about a "revolutionary" product, lately it's been heaters that "recycle the hot air so nothing gets wasted" and that can run with a "power of only 230V". Also pretty annoyed about the ad situation on YouTube. Temu is also displaying ads for the weirdest shit noone would buy (imo)

This is why I pay for YT Premium. It preserves my sanity. (And I'm aware of adblockers, but try that on mobile)

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The nothing and philips thing is why I dont update for a while till shit is fixed or why I never ever use the smart tv built in trash since it will break sooner than later and will start sucking.

Yeah, i agree but not updating is also problem cus vulnerabilities and crap

So I've learned from chris titus tech

Just update each month or 2 months to get stable

Funny story with nothing phone (2) 

I didn't request update it just popped up that there was update so as average user that i am. ive clicked update.

Who would've known that.

2 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

This is why I pay for YT Premium. It preserves my sanity. (And I'm aware of adblockers, but try that on mobile)

I used to have it, since price changed they kicked me off. I'm like okay whatever.

2 hours ago, Average Nerd said:

Nevermind that this means they could consume anything from 5W to 3680W.

Yeah. But as they were relatively small devices they'd have been in the 500W range. But the fact that they mentioned a power of 230V would indicate that it's certainly sketchy. Also they claim that they can heat your room up 5°C in a few minutes (which can't be acheived with only a 500W heater, it takes my PC a full 3h gaming session to get my room (around 60m^3) from 21°C to 24°C while drawing around 350W total. It would probably be worth it to get YT premium for me considering the amount I spend on it. I actually started recording all those ads that of course always say in the end that the product is now 50% off and that they expect the product to be sold out in 24h. If you're interested I could share a link to my scam-ads folder just to see their ridiculous claims haha

Edited by DreamCat04

1 minute ago, DreamCat04 said:

Yeah. But as they were relatively small devices they'd have been in the 500W range. But the fact that they mentioned a power of 230V would indicate that it's certainly sketchy. Also they claim that they can heat your room up 5°C in a few minutes (which can't be acheived with only a 500W heater, it takes my PC a full 3h gaming session to get my room (around 100m^3) from 21°C to 24°C while drawing around 350W total. It would probably be worth it to get YT premium for me considering the amount I spend on it. I actually started recording all those ads that of course always say in the end that the product is now 50% off and that they expect the product to be sold out in 24h. If you're interested I could share a link to my scam-ads folder just to see their ridiculous claims haha

I wholeheartedly encourage you to search through scam folder and compile it and make thread about it. I believe lots peeps would be interested.

Just now, DreamCat04 said:

But the fact that they mentioned a power of 230V would indicate that it's certainly sketchy.

Depends on where you are. Here in Europe everything is 230V (so I didn't see that as a problem), high power applications are either 230V 3-phase or 400V 3-phase.

3 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

If you're interested I could share a link to my scam-ads folder just to see their ridiculous claims haha

Sure, that sounds fun to pick apart!

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Just now, Average Nerd said:

Sure, that sounds fun to pick apart!

They are in german however. They're all using the exact same AI-sounding voice for all ads and make a few grammatical mistakes

They are in german however.

No problem for me, German is my main language.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

12 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

No problem for me, German is my main language.

Oh haha. I was worried that OneDrive would show my name somewhere like in the path but I shared the folder and opened the share link in an icognito tab and it didn't show any personal details. Just have to hope I don't show anything else in the screen recordings, but I don't think I did. After checking that, THIS is the link to that folder. There are 8 unique ads in there and I think there might be some more in my screen recordings folder. The most extreme claim in one of them was that the self-built apparatus of a student that had to learn for tests in 14°C classrooms could heat up that classroom from 14°C to 24°C in only 2 minutes while consuming 95% less power than conventional heaters. That ain't acheivable unless you get some exotic heater that draws like 20kW. He straight up circumvented physics haha

Edited by DreamCat04

45 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

The most extreme claim in one of them was that the self-built apparatus of a student that had to learn for tests in 14°C classrooms could heat up that classroom from 14°C to 24°C in only 2 minutes while consuming 95% less power than conventional heaters. That ain't acheivable unless you get some exotic heater that draws like 20kW. He straight up circumvented physics haha

I calculated the amount of energy needed to heat up 40m³ (a room 5x4x2m in size) of Nitrogen by 10°C to be 8348.4W for 60 seconds at 100% efficency (4174.213W for 2 minutes). In practice, this is indeed unachievable.

In short, he conjured 3965.5 W out of nothing.

I love math.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

44 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

I calculated the amount of energy needed to heat up 40m³ (a room 5x4x2m in size) of Nitrogen by 10°C to be 8348.4W for 60 seconds at 100% efficency (4174.213W for 2 minutes). In practice, this is indeed unachievable.

In short, he conjured 3965.5 W out of nothing.

I love math.

I mean the device recycles the heated air so that nothing gets wasted, that's where the 4kW come from haha. Also energy is measured in Wh, did you mean Wh? It's interesting how that works, where'd you find this information? This could be useful to see how high I could let my PC go in summer so that it doesn't transform my room into a sauna as it's already at around 25-26°C when I haven't even started playing

Just now, DreamCat04 said:

I mean the device recycles the heated air so that nothing gets wasted, that's where the 4kW come from haha.

The brain gymnastics it took for them to come up with this are straightup impressive.

Also energy is measured in Wh, did you mean Wh?

No, Wh shows the power consumption per hour, what I calculated is the power consumption per minute/2 minutes. So basically 8348,4W for 60 seconds would be 8348,4 Wattminutes.

4 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

It's interesting how that works, where'd you find this information?

You need:

-the volume of your room in m³, then get the density of the air in the room in kg/m³ (at 0m altitude it's 1,2041 kg/m³ at 20°C). Use that to calculate the weight of the air.

-the specific thermal capacity of air (I used the value for nitrogen, because air is mostly nitrogen and it was the closest thing in that online tool I used)

-the temperature delta value (for example, heating from 14°C to 24°C is a delta of 10°C)

-and this tool: https://rechneronline.de/chemie-rechner/waermekapazitaet.php

You enter your values, and calculate.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!