Meta formally known as Facebook, new stock highs, first dividend

GOTSpectrum

Summary

Meta, the parent company of Facebook, reported exceptional quarterly results, with profits tripling to over $14 billion year-on-year, a surge in users, reduced costs, and increased ad sales. The company announced its first-ever dividend of 50 cents per share and pledged to continue such payments quarterly. Meta's stock price rose over 12% in after-hours trading. Despite regulatory challenges, Meta boasts nearly 3.2 billion daily active users and recorded revenue exceeding $40 billion for the September-December period. 

Quotes

That is a payout to shareholders - in this case of 50 cents per share.

The company, owner of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, also pledged to keep the money flowing, saying it was in a strong financial position, and could invest in the business while still making plans for such payments on a quarterly basis "going forward".

My thoughts

Interesting to see that despite that they are being hammered by the US gov they are showing that the product "sells". They have massively increased profits and even paid their first dividend. It will be interesting to see if they can weather the probable coming regulation storm. 

Sources

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68175778

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

My thoughts

Interesting to see that despite that they are being hammered by the US gov they are showing that the product "sells". They have massively increased profits and even paid their first dividend. It will be interesting to see if they can weather the probable coming regulation storm.

I guess enough people fall for the sponsors posts which they have gotten even more aggressive with.

I checked my feed a few days ago and there were THREE sponsored posts on the page before the actual content.  I don't know how anyone puts up with that, its what stopped me using Facebook and Instagram regularly.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Zuck better send a bouquet of muffins to Musk for his help.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

Zuck better send a bouquet of muffins to Musk for his help.

That would actually be hilarious.  I don't like either of them but I'd love to see Musk choke on his hubris.  He honestly thinks that by deliberately killing Twitter by alienating advertisers he is going to win some sort of popularity contest.  He literally said the quiet part out loud in an interview which even the interviewer, a friend of his, seemed utterly baffled at.

The irony is the ardent Musk fans will considering him a winner regardless, while the rest of us sit back and slowly blink in confusion.  He seems to be on a mission of self destruction, I just wish he would get it done already so that he can stop taking funds away from people who are actually innovating in the tech space, rather than throwing money away.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7