Will F@H affect my PC's life span?

Go to solution Solved by Heats with Nvidia,

Actually.... The fans and all the thermal interface material get worn out a lot faster, but on the other side, repasting your system some times isn`t a bad idea anyway and fans usually last quite long and aren`t that expensive.

Its also harder on the capacitors, but even those last quite long nowadays.

So yes, it affects the lifespan of your computer, but only on the very long run.

Soooo, since F@H runs all day long, i was wondering if it reduces my PC's lifespan if the CPU runs at 88 - 90°c ish~ temps all day long and the GPU at 67°c. Maybe i'm stupid, but i just wanna make sure.

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

The temps could reduce the lifespan of a SSD or HDD. Other than that the lifespan will not be affected. 

LTT did a video on how mining affects GPU lifespan:

Actually.... The fans and all the thermal interface material get worn out a lot faster, but on the other side, repasting your system some times isn`t a bad idea anyway and fans usually last quite long and aren`t that expensive.

Its also harder on the capacitors, but even those last quite long nowadays.

So yes, it affects the lifespan of your computer, but only on the very long run.

You would be surprised by how much of a metaphorical beating today's hardware can take. This little A2000 runs at 88°c and it's going strong. All CPUs and GPUs have built in safety measures to ensure you don't fry them. Pretty much all hardware is designed to run 24/7 as they know people do some crazy stuff at home like F@H 😛