Home Wifi that does not require an app

TheITNinja

I currently have an Eero 6 Pro that I love but I was having some issues with it the one day and decided to call support. I didnt like the fact that they could see my wifi password and my network devices on their end so I am looking to replace that. Now adays it seems every router requires an app to run. 

Does anyone have any good wifi 6/7 routers for a 1300 sq foot home? I am supporting a decent amount of devices/smart devices. 

11 minutes ago, TheITNinja said:

I didnt like the fact that they could see my wifi password and my network devices on their end so I am looking to replace that. Now adays it seems every router requires an app to run. 

Whether a router has an app or not is not going to impact the ability of the manufacturing company from seeing information regarding your network. (by the way, you shouldn't be concerned that they can see your WiFi password, but rather having access to this information means that have access to all traffic running in your network) Routers are, by nature, connected to the internet. The difference between the companies is going to be their view/access into your network. You will only find this information by fully reading their privacy policy.

As scary as Amazon is, they are still a US company and must follow US regulations, if that brings you any solace. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.