Mouse loses tracking over small section of deskpad

I own the 1200 x 400 mm northern lights deskpad, and have for almost 3 years now. 

Recently, I changed my setup a little and now there is a tiny section of the mousepad where my mouse loses tracking. 

My mouse will jitter across the area as it loses tracking and has become quite annoying.

It seems to happen between the ends of the longest, rightmost purple lines.

Before changing my setup, I did, however, take the opportunity to throw it in the wash (on gentle) to clean it up and hung it to dry. I'm wondering if this somehow affected it.

I never used to use my mouse over this section before, so I don't know if it has always been this way.

Does anyone else seem to be having this issue?

3 minutes ago, TomSawyer10 said:

Before changing my setup, I did however take the opportunity to throw it in the wash (on gentle) to clean it up and hung it to dry. I'm wondering if this somehow affected it?

Please don't machine wash you're mousepads ._.

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

1 minute ago, Sanedish said:

Please don't mashine wash you're mousepads ._.

I was advised by customer support that it was ok to machine wash on gentle. 

While I understand that it may not be ideal, it doesn't seem like it caused issues anywhere else

1 minute ago, TomSawyer10 said:

I was advised by customer support that it was ok to machine wash on gentle. 

While I understand that it may not be ideal, it doesn't seem like it caused issues anywhere else

Then it probably was like it before, you can't verify it, soooo... Who knows what caused it...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

5 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Please don't machine wash you're mousepads ._.

While I agree, it's literally in the LTT Store care instructions:

If the desk pad is especially dirty, machine-wash cold on the delicate cycle, and hang to dry - LTT NORTHERN LIGHTS DESK PAD

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Simply throw it in the tub, use a bit of Dawn and gently massage with soft sponge, dry flat. 

Regardless, I would contact support. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Skipple said:

While I agree, it's literally in the LTT Store care instructions:

I did not know that before.

1 hour ago, TomSawyer10 said:

I own the 1200 x 400 mm northern lights deskpad, and have for almost 3 years now. 

Recently, I changed my setup a little and now there is a tiny section of the mousepad where my mouse loses tracking. 

My mouse will jitter across the area as it loses tracking and has become quite annoying.

Before changing my setup, I did, however, take the opportunity to throw it in the wash (on gentle) to clean it up and hung it to dry. I'm wondering if this somehow affected it.

I never used to use my mouse over this section before, so I don't know if it has always been this way.

What does the section look like? Is its texture different than the rest? 

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 hours ago, TomSawyer10 said:

It's possible that trying to mouse over the artwork could be causing this. That's sort of an uncommon issue mind you, but depending on your mouse this could be a factor for sure. There is a blank space on the right-most side of your desk pad that's intended for mousing so that'd be my first recommendation.

Here are some other steps you can try:

1. Attempt to use your mouse on a bare surface and determine if the problem is made any better or worse. This will help inform you as to whether your mouse pad could be causing the problem or not.
2. Ensure the problem area is free of any material defects, i.e. holes, tears, etc. Thoroughly clean the area with a damp cloth.

3. If your mouse's driver software offers any type of calibration tools, make use of them and see if the problem persists.

4. Ensure your mouse's sensor is free of any dust or other impurities that could damage the signal quality.

If none of the above helps, contact us at the link in my signature and we'll see if there's anything else we can do to help.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro