2U Supermicro setup using a regular PSU?

Thinking beyond my current Synology I'm looking at other solutions that can accommodate 12 drives and some of the cases from Supermicro look nice.  The issue seems to be that all the 12-16 bay units I look at have the redundant PSU setup which means the smaller/longer PSUs with the smaller fans which means faster/louder fans.  I have to take noise into consideration so I was wondering if it is possible to simply use a regular PSU in the Supermicro chasis?  While I'm sure I could get something that physically fits, it doesn't seem like there would be a place to secure it/screw it in.  Has anyone else had experience with this?  An example of the type of space would be like that offered on the 826BE2C-R920WB model.  

But I'm just talking out my ass.

You don't necessarily have to hack an ATX power supply in, Supermicro makes 'quiet' power supplies for their 2U chassis. Look for part numbers with an "-SQ" suffix.

They're actually not that expensive on the used market, either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266254785863

You'll also have to replace the chassis fans, but regular desktop Noctuas may not have adequate static pressure to pull through the drive backplane.

There's some more info here:

My homelab servers are all PowerEdge R730s. They're not silent, but they can be tolerable with a few IPMI pokes as long as you're not trying to cool GPUs.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.