Using a secondary GPU for more display output

tankyx

Hi,

Right now I am using a RTX4090 and I already use 3 outputs (2 screens and a Varjo Aero) and I am looking for a way to add 3 more HDMI/DP outputs,

as I want to get 3 more screens for a gaming triple screen setup. I obviously still want to use the 4090 processing power.

How can I do that ?

So you already have 2 screens and you want to add 3 more to have 3 screens? The math doesn't check out.

Just add another screen, the 4090 has 4 outputs.

I'm also not aware of any way to send a GPUs processing power through another GPU, at least on desktop hardware, as far as I know, only laptop hardware can do that.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

12 minutes ago, Average Nerd said:

So you already have 2 screens and you want to add 3 more to have 3 screens? The math doesn't check out.

Just add another screen, the 4090 has 4 outputs.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I already have 2 screens that I use on my desk. I have a simrig to which I want to add 3 screens, amounting to 5 total screens + 1 VR headset to be plugged in my PC

Some monitors allows daisy chaining them through display port, Meaning you only plug one of them into the GPU and the second to the DP-out port on the first monitor. I'm not sure if you will be able to get above 60Hz on those by doing that though, but that will allow you to use more monitors than you have available screen ports on your GPU

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

You can add a second gpu and as long as you assign the 4090 to be the 3d proccessor for the game it will use that. There will be a slight performance overhead but it'll be fine. I do recommend sticking with nvidia for a easier setup. Check for a used 1030 with 4gb of vram (the ddr5 one) just to make sure it wont eat into your ram and be even slower. Also of course check if the card has the neccesary outputs at the resolution and refresh rate you want.

Else probably a gt 1630 or gtx 1650 used will do too. Dont need a bunch of proccessing power at all or bandwith a x4 link is plenty.

Thanks for your answers.

I managed to get a Quadro P2000 (With 4 DP1.4 outputs) for cheap to fill in.