How many Programs is too may?

Hey guys I am curious on how many programs do you run on your Windows PC? Like obviously you would have your drivers and support software, but as to when you do anything else maybe it be Video editing etc how many programs is too many installed? I exported a list of all the Software that's installed currently on my PC which has a NVMSD 2.0TB Samsung, 4TB WD External HD, Sabrent 1TB Nvmsd. Also is it more about what is booting up startup or?

Program List.txt

19 minutes ago, MDThompson51686 said:

Hey guys I am curious on how many programs do you run on your Windows PC? Like obviously you would have your drivers and support software, but as to when you do anything else maybe it be Video editing etc how many programs is too many installed? I exported a list of all the Software that's installed currently on my PC which has a NVMSD 2.0TB Samsung, 4TB WD External HD, Sabrent 1TB Nvmsd. Also is it more about what is booting up startup or?

Program List.txt 134.78 kB · 0 downloads

There is no such thing as "too many" unless they are all running background services.

Most software just sits on your storage doing nothing until you load it, so it makes no difference if its installed or not.

Take desktop Linux as an example where tons of software will be installed you may never use or know exists, the only cost is the storage space its using.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

That was what I was thinking. Do you think that Software like Driver Booster or Uninstaller is programs that your referring to as Running background services or Windows running services? Thank you!