uni directional mic with dual mute/unmute control

joe_biden

Hi, I got this assignment at my job to find a solution to improve meeting transcriptions.

The main identified issues are:

• User forgets to mute/unmute
  • People chatting over - mics are not all unidirectional
  • Without proper mics recordings are not always clear or there is unwanted background noise

Right now recordings and transcriptions are done through Teams-because of license and talker is identified in transcript. That facilitates some issues, not all. On each meeting there is a moderator/admin assist.

I've been searching for a stream deck type setup where the mod/admin mutes/unmutes talkers but can't find a solution to make use of Teams features.

The obvious/simplest solution would be that each assitant have their own unidirectional mic on their laptops and learn to mute/unmute properly.

A lot of companies and businesses have switched to Discord for meetings. It has a lot of features people prefer to Teams. Although I'm not sure about transcription.

As for the mic issues, really that's going to be something that needs to be adjusted on the user side. If you want/need it to be uniform and clear with as little background noise as possible the best thing you can do is get standalone mics that allow for eq settings adjustment. If you get the right mics and have them set up properly you could use voice activation over having to have mics muted all the time, the right mic with the right settings and you'll never hear background convos or noise again. People will still need to know how to mute their own mic if needed and with discord and most meeting applications the admins and mods can one click mute participants. 

But yes the simplest solution would be to train users on how to properly mute their mics.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |