$1,500 USD ATS + Final Fantasy + Second Life + WoW Gaming Build

Go to solution Solved by Wittwe AB Grw,

With all the advice should be able to get a system together. Thank u everyones. Each reply helped a lot.

Budget (including currency): $1,500.00 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly Gaming in American Truck Simulator (ATS), Final Fantasy Ports, Second Life (Most Demanding on System), World of Warcraft (WoW), and possibly obs streaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): use my LG 75QNED75URA 4k hdr10+ as a monitor since no room for desk. have a razer ornate keyboard as wel as a razer viper wired mouse. do have a silverstone sg13 with the updated usbc io. as well as a atx to sfx psu adapter plate.

have to stay under $1,500 usd including shipping and windows 11. would be 1/2 the price paying the next 16 months of my rent to own computer. at the time didn't have a choice. only thing about existing sg13, worry bout modern gpu sizes for powering the resolution in 4k hdr10+. if can get 60fps in the build budget would be happy. like visual setting that i call eye candy.

thanks in advance.  considering this build instead of steam deck replacement and free up my monthly budget $187 usd a month

1 hour ago, Wittwe AB Grw said:

Budget (including currency): $1,500.00 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly Gaming in American Truck Simulator (ATS), Final Fantasy Ports, Second Life (Most Demanding on System), World of Warcraft (WoW), and possibly obs streaming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): use my LG 75QNED75URA 4k hdr10+ as a monitor since no room for desk. have a razer ornate keyboard as wel as a razer viper wired mouse. do have a silverstone sg13 with the updated usbc io. as well as a atx to sfx psu adapter plate.

have to stay under $1,500 usd including shipping and windows 11. would be 1/2 the price paying the next 16 months of my rent to own computer. at the time didn't have a choice. only thing about existing sg13, worry bout modern gpu sizes for powering the resolution in 4k hdr10+. if can get 60fps in the build budget would be happy. like visual setting that i call eye candy.

thanks in advance.  considering this build instead of steam deck replacement and free up my monthly budget $187 usd a month

Hello... This one actually took me a long while to think about and configure. It was tough but I did it. One thing I had to do was get you another Case. The one SG13 you have is really bad on Airflow and only has room for 1 Fan. In other words it would have really "Toasted" you whole PC. I am also aware that you said that you have little to no room on your Desk so I got a Vertical Style Case. It actually takes up less space than the SG13 while sitting on the Desk. Kinda like the new XBOX Series X how it stands really tall and has almost Zero Width.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FdzY89

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($213.97 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING IS-55 Black 54.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650I AORUS ULTRA Mini ITX AM5 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($84.57 @ Amazon)
Storage: Corsair MP600 CORE XT 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 2000D AIRFLOW Mini ITX Tower Case  ($89.24 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair SF850L 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  ($147.00 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 42.1 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($25.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 Slim PWM PST 42.1 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($25.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1496.72

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

This gets weird with the secondlife in there, as a secondlife player you need a much different system than you’d use otherwise for other games.

Single core performance, OpenGL performance, and an assload of video memory. I have used all 16gb of my vram in SL in 4k.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3ftgKX

Edit: the case is in there just to reference dimensions 

And then were doing weird stuff with the case. So the SG13 will support a taller cooler with the sfx psu bracket, giving you 81mm of clearance. Which allows for some taller downdraft coolers to breathe, choosing the bequiet shadow rock LP which is a larger flat cooler with a 120mm fan.

Its also worth noting you will want a 140mm intake on the front of this chassis feeding the system cool air.

14700 for pure single core performance. The 14900 is a pretty much just more cores, and no need for a Z series chipset or K sku cpu since overclocking in the sg13 is a no go for something like modern intel or amd. You could push a 4790k pretty hard on a 140mm aio but even stock speeds on a 140mm aio now with a modern cpu is kinda rough.

The psu is a bit overkill wattage wise, but you might want something of that tier for potential use in future builds, a good psu lasts a long time, and maybe down the line you can get a cheap blower 4090 and toss it in there as an upgrade. 
The ram and board are ram, and a board. Nothing special there. 32gb because there’s no point in doing less on this budget and upgrading on an itx board would mean starting with single channel or replacing two sticks later. Skip the upgrade, get more from the start.

GPU is an oddball. I use an arc a770 for sl, and it does well, and it’s the cheapest way to get 16gb of vram which you will need in 4k for sl. The acer bifrost one will do a bit better in an itx case since it’s a hybrid blower card, so it’ll dump most of its hot air out of the chassis. The sg13 isn’t too bad for GPU ventilation. 
It’s also a strictly 2 slot card so it’ll fit in there fine.

DXVK will make ATS run fine, plenty of other people have done that. Anything else on newer directX runs fine at this point, so the newer ff ports and wow can actually be ran in either directX or openGL mode but both seem to do fine on arc.

Money is leftover for a windows key. Remember, all oem keys are the same, even if it’s $20 on one site and $140 on Newegg, if it says OEM, it’s only worth $20.

Only pay triple digits if you’re buying a retail key directly from Microsoft. As that’s where its worth spending triple digits.

Yeah. Was thinking retail win 11 simply because some those key sites seamed sketchy. So was considering retail copy of 11 home.

yeah, the one downside to the sg13 is airflow is very bad. Hadn’t thought about the Intel arc. Didn’t know how well they were doing but heard they have gotten a lot better. Running 4K screen and dual slot cards is very difficult to combined it seems these days. 

The rent to own computer that currently have is a mid tower with a micro TX board, and it sits on the floor on the piece of wood to raise it off the carpet, so that the bottom power supply can breathe. It’s a company of a chasses have never heard of before. but with its specs it is well over priced by the time you rent to own it. So this is why I was debating instead of replacing my busted steam deck maybe spending a bit more and building some sort of decent computer. But I got a 10th generation I five with 16 GB of ram and a 6600 XT over clock in this rent to own computer and it would still take $3000 to pay it off in the full term.  so that’s the main reason I was considering just building a computer now that might have some access to some money that can do it. Just wasn’t sure if it was possible to get up and running with 4K on only 1500 bucks. But those too many ITX bills look like they would be decent, but would also consider a full-size ATX as well and a mid tower.  including a picture to show you the set up and running, was running a secondary old 22 inch 3-D monitor to do streaming on with OBS, but it isn’t even hooked up at the moment. Been working on switching from twitch over to YouTube for streaming American truck simulator . IMG_1312.thumb.jpeg.46341d7ddeb8316f2a6ee06eb2184c52.jpeg

IMG_1313.thumb.jpeg.57918c7208f285a67b77805cad933b36.jpeg

IMG_1314.thumb.jpeg.df088ec46a774c6ed3bc9ba6d5e8b258.jpeg

Edit: forgot to mention the main reason is have that SG13 sitting around for years in it’s box. And it does have the black SFX power supply adapter, which was purchased specifically along with the iOS upgrade kit. But it’s been sitting in a box for a couple years just never gotten a chance to build it. It’s name was pulverizer build, but just never came to operation. But completely open to a better chase, it’s just an option that preexists if it helped with the budget.

This gpu allows you to use DLSS 3.0 btw this case is made by Phanteks.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/reflex-world-of-warcraft-war-within/ 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/gfecnt/final-fantasy-xv-dlss-game-ready-driver/

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($219.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE WHITE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *ASRock B650 LiveMixer ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *ADATA XPG Lancer Blade 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *ADATA Legend 800 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($105.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Zotac Twin Edge GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card  ($599.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: *MagniumGear NEO AIR (2023) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($113.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - Download 64-bit  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: *ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($9.22 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1495.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-01-26 03:02 EST-0500

Been going through some options on pc part picker and curious if this is decent setup?!? Not super ideal, but figure should keep me going few years. Some say incompatibility, but with sfx adapter and the silverstone usb-c io upgrade makes hard to display. So curious if it ks like it should do the trick?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mTmgKX

18 minutes ago, Wittwe AB Grw said:

Been going through some options on pc part picker and curious if this is decent setup?!? Not super ideal, but figure should keep me going few years. Some say incompatibility, but with sfx adapter and the silverstone usb-c io upgrade makes hard to display. So curious if it ks like it should do the trick?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mTmgKX

I'd get a 7900 xt or 4070 super 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($389.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($84.57 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($98.25 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus DUAL GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card  ($599.99 @ B&H) 
Case: *MagniumGear NEO AIR (2023) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: *Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1515.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-01-26 04:54 EST-0500

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

With all the advice should be able to get a system together. Thank u everyones. Each reply helped a lot.

in the end didnt get as much of funds as wigh i had. so ended up replacing my ruined steam deck with the 1 tb oled model and docking station. am looking into updating the rent-to-own (RTO) system curently using though. will be compiling a post on it as a optimal upgrade build since budget would be a few hundred at a time.