How uncommon is Windows 7 build 6.1.7600? How uncommon was it back when Windows 7 was popular?

A Friendly ShyGuy

I recently factory reset my old Dell Inspiron 1764 using the recovery partition in hopes that it would help speed my computer up, but in doing so it took me back to Windows 7 build 6.1.7600. Service Pack 1 was Build 6.1.7601, so I actually have the original manufacturer's release of Windows 7. It includes the Windows Vista dockbar, and it doesn't support anything that requires SP1 or later. My question is how uncommon is this today? How rare was it back when Windows 7 was popular too?

Not really anything notable. It’s just 7 without the service pack. So it would be like a blank install from physical media. A lot of windows 7 machines would’ve been like that for a while. Though anything still running 7 now most likely has sp1 installed.

20 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Not really anything notable. It’s just 7 without the service pack. So it would be like a blank install from physical media. A lot of windows 7 machines would’ve been like that for a while. Though anything still running 7 now most likely has sp1 installed.

Ok, I actually think I like it not being a service pack because of the Vista Dockbar. I find it really useful for some things. Though I'll probably dual-boot Linux onto the machine since Windows 7 isn't really secure anymore.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:07 PM, A Friendly ShyGuy said:

Ok, I actually think I like it not being a service pack because of the Vista Dockbar. I find it really useful for some things. Though I'll probably dual-boot Linux onto the machine since Windows 7 isn't really secure anymore.

Do you mean the Quick Launch bar on the Taskbar? That is available on all versions of Windows 7.

3 minutes ago, TheLANguy said:

Do you mean the Quick Launch bar on the Taskbar? That is available on all versions of Windows 7.

My PC calls it the Dell Dock. It looks like this: image.png.672f389afbd4db6fe4be16432bc118a5.pngimage.png.82b8498279e4f9a0dcdcc68a5e8a05b3.png