Problem with LGA 1700 mounting bracket kit

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

You screw through the blocks holes into the bracket. The brackets are underneath the block in this picture. Screw, block, bracket. 

This video shows the installation at 7:00 minutes.

Hi,

hardware involved is: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 and MSI B760 motherboard.

I am installing a new system and ran into this problem while installing the AIO.

See attached pic, I am at this phase. The holes of the coolerblock are too big for the screws from the LGA1700 mounting kit that came separately with the cooler. They fit nice and snug in the bracket holes, but spin free in the holes of the coolerblock.

I am at a loss because if I use different screws, they won't fit into the brackets and vice versa.

aio.png

You screw through the blocks holes into the bracket. The brackets are underneath the block in this picture. Screw, block, bracket. 

This video shows the installation at 7:00 minutes.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, Grumpy_Old_Man said:

Thank you, that worked.

No problem, happy to help!

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |