need help

richard.hugo

i need to know how to connect a gaming router to dream machine pro pls help

What are you trying to do? The UDM is a router, so you shouldn't be adding another router to your network. Are you attempting to use another device as a WAP? 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

no i want to spatate  my gaming router so i can only use the xbox on the router an udm pro for the rest

6 minutes ago, richard.hugo said:

no i want to spatate  my gaming router so i can only use the xbox on the router an udm pro for the rest

This doesn't make any sense. Why are you trying to do this? What is the goal? What are you struggling with right now?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

i mean does udm pro supports

gaming 

8 minutes ago, richard.hugo said:

gaming 

Does the UDM support gaming? Yes, you can game while utilizing the UDM, if that if your question. 

ask me about my homelab

The only thing a "gaming" router is for is to make you spend more money thinking it does something special when it doesn't.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 hours ago, richard.hugo said:

gaming 

Of course it does. TCP/IP network traffic is TCP/IP network traffic.

"Gaming" routers are just marketing fluff. If anything, they might come with preset QoS (quality of service) settings that prioritize traffic to and from known gaming services. However, unless your Internet connection is particularly slow or shared by too many people, you're not going to notice a difference.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 hours ago, richard.hugo said:

gaming 

If you're asking this question, I wonder if you understand how to use the UDM-Pro and what it is intended for. Regular everyday consumers do not need a UDM-Pro to get good routing, firewall and WiFi features.

Understandably, the UDM-Pro does not have an AP built in. You have to add this yourself. And since you can run the UniFi Controller on the UDM-Pro, UniFi APs would be the next best decision. There is no restriction on using an AP from another brand or even running a wireless router in AP mode (is this what you are trying to do?), but UniFi has no ability to control these APs from it's central control interface. You'll have to log in and configure them separately. If you're doing this, though, it's quite a waste of an investment in the UniFi ecosystem, unless you have specific needs from the firewall aspect of the UDM-Pro specifically. But then again, a dedicated firewall appliance running pfSense or OPNsense is a smarter choice over a UDM-Pro.

9 hours ago, richard.hugo said:

can u setup gaming  on udm

If you fell for the "gaming router" advertising, I'm sorry. The only thing "gaming" about these routers is that they implement a traffic management optimizing protocol in the background. Most good routers with support for QoS or any of the more advanced protocols can do the same thing without being called "gaming".

The UDM-Pro should already have Smart Queue Management that you can activate and give you the same kind of optimization. You only need to run this on the router, though. Your AP (if it's a wireless router running in AP mode) should have its firewall and traffic management features disabled.