Dual wan tplink omada bridge mode vpn router?

Ok so I am planning to buy the tplink er605 to connect the wans from

my 2 isps together, but I have a doubt. One can my deco access points be kept in router mode when connected to the lan? Perhaps set the connection type to dynamic ip? Also if not how are the QOS and other features on omada compared to deco? Also can the wan connection types on the er605 be if different types as one of my isps lets my

install my

own router while ke restricts me to theirs. Shouldn’t be an issue if I can connect the router to one ISp in pppoe mode and one in dynamic ip.

look at latest response 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:11 PM, Indian pc builder said:

One can my deco access points be kept in router mode when connected to the lan?

See your other thread.

Perhaps set the connection type to dynamic ip?

Each WAN connection will need to be set to dynamic, unless if you pay for a static IP from your ISP.

Also if not how are the QOS and other features on omada compared to deco?

Don't know. They're both TP-Link products. See the emulated control panel here.

I'd suggest you let the device closest to the edge of your network do the traffic management. However, if you predominantly want the Decos full features, then you might as well run the QoS here.

Also can the wan connection types on the er605 be if different types as one of my isps lets my

install my

own router while ke restricts me to theirs.

This multi-WAN router doesn't care, as long as a signal is coming to each of its WAN ethernet ports.

BTW, routers based on OpenWRT are another good alternative to router OSes that handle multi-WAN (load balance and failover) well. Was just reminded about the Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) from GL-inet.

13 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

See your other thread.

Each WAN connection will need to be set to dynamic, unless if you pay for a static IP from your ISP.

Don't know. They're both TP-Link products. See the emulated control panel here.

I'd suggest you let the device closest to the edge of your network do the traffic management. However, if you predominantly want the Decos full features, then you might as well run the QoS here.

This multi-WAN router doesn't care, as long as a signal is coming to each of its WAN ethernet ports.

BTW, routers based on OpenWRT are another good alternative to router OSes that handle multi-WAN (load balance and failover) well. Was just reminded about the Flint 2 (GL-MT6000) from GL-inet.

Whatever the benefits of openWRT maybe, the router is not maild in India and has a msrp of 160 usd, which means I’ll have to pay well in excess of 200 with import taxes, so no

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

14 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Yes, you can.

If you do this, I'd recommend you assign the primary Deco unit a static LAN IP address within the multi-WAN router's client list, so you don't get disconnections during DHCP IP renewals.

Do some reading.

After reading, dies this imply triple NAT will work as well? Because technically if I keep everything in router mode, then on the crappy isp, there there will be three NATs i.e one on the deco, one on the vpn router and one on the isp router? Also will keeping everything in router mode affect load balancing in any way? And the layout will be my deco head unit connects to the OMADA box connected to the one fiber modem and one router modem combo box.

note I’m not looking into port forwarding or anything and will use the other wan if I need to .

Alternatively what’s this I’m hearing of a bridge mode between the vpn router and the deco on the funnily named website you told me to read about NAT?