Motherboard swap.

Go to solution Solved by emosun,
7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

do you think I’ll have to reinstall windows on both systems?

try it and see , it's not a feature so it doesnt have to work well but if it does then you dont have to. if it doesnt work well then you do have to reinstall

I’m gonna swap motherboards between my desk PC and living room PC for USB-C front compatibility.  i didn’t care before, but now I’ve noticed my DualSense doesn’t have enough current to charge on USB type-A, so I need to use type-C to charge it.  

Currently, the loving room PC has an ASRock b450mac (no type-C) with a 1600 and a 1070ti in a coolermaster sl600m case that HAS a type-C header on the front of the case.  My desk PC is an ASRock x470 taichi with a type C header, a 5600 and a 5700xt in a thermaltake view 71 with no type C port.

I know I’ll have to flash the b450mac for the 5600, but do you think I’ll have to reinstall windows on both systems?  They’re both ASRock AM4 boards with similar chipsets, and the CPUs and GPUs are staying with their respective SSDs.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

do you think I’ll have to reinstall windows on both systems?

try it and see , it's not a feature so it doesnt have to work well but if it does then you dont have to. if it doesnt work well then you do have to reinstall