(HELP)PC won’t load out of bios

PC won’t load out of bios?

I have had this pc for about over one year and I have not had problems . Awhile back I did change some parts out but for the most part recently had not swapped anything. For awhile my pc would just load bios for awhile and then after a few resets it would let me in. It got worse after awhile and would take longer. I knew loading windows in a usb would probably work and it did for awhile until it didn’t. It would not take it for some time and similar would let me do it after awhile but now it won’t let me in even when I try loading windows. (I have checked to see if it had at the very least tried to load it has broken down the drive but doesn’t load my pc) I don’t know what to do as I’ve also messed with bios as it has worked once or twice just messing with stuff(I think) but nothing works. I don’t want to keep loading windows into it as I’m not sure if that’s just making it worse and I unplugged the hard drive which does let me load windows on my ssd I believe but also wont let me keep any recovery files meaning it would basically be a factory reset and even then I don’t know if it would let me use my hard drive later without making it the main drive again. If anyone has any clue where to go from here I’d be truly thankful I’d take shots in the dark tbh 

(another random thing is it shows me what I can boot out of and it shows the usb but not any of the drives one time I remember it did show the a drive and loaded as normally) 

1st picture - (know it’s blurry)when I load the windows on my pc it  just shows a blank screen with a underline on the top left kind of like when running something on cmd)

(I’ve also tried safe booting again just goes to bios)

image.jpg

sounds like a corrupt boot drive or bios. best bet would be get a new drive, preferably a ssd, then using a different computer (if you don't already have one) create the windows install media on a Flash Drive. Remove all drives from faulty computer, install new ssd, then insert the flash drive and turn the PC on. If it doesn't do it automatically, which it should, use the bios to boot the install media and install windows on the new drive. If it works then you can just reinstall your other drives and you'll still have all your data except it'll be a fresh instance of windows. If it doesn't, then you may have to get a new motherboard.

Also if you have XMP enabled in your bios then disable it. Honestly, just reset all settings in your bios to default. Before getting a new motherboard you could first try to update the bios. should be able to just google your model number and "bios update" to get the download links and instructions on how to update it.

Other options to potentially try to avoid spending money; reseat your CPU (confirm good contact and even thermal paste spread) or try booting with only 1 stick of ram installed. It could even be a bad PSU which normally there'd be a few more issues involved but it could just be a failsafe on the motherboard that I've never heard of.

Can't say I've had this exact issue before but I've had similar and it's usually caused by a corrupt windows install. Too many options but I'd bet my money on a corrupt install or a faulty motherboard.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

I agree with @MrSimplicity above about it sounding like a corrupted boot loader. Hit F8 repeatedly on boot and go to the recovery screen and try to run a recovery, rollback or any other fix it will give you before it gets worse. You could hit delete repeatedly to get into bios settings and make sure youre boot oorders are correct and nothing is disabled. Check your drive sata settings and make sure theyre on ahci. Unless youre trying to boot from a M.2 drive and your mobo is too old or low end to have that ability?

8 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

sounds like a corrupt boot drive or bios. best bet would be get a new drive, preferably a ssd, then using a different computer (if you don't already have one) create the windows install media on a Flash Drive. Remove all drives from faulty computer, install new ssd, then insert the flash drive and turn the PC on. If it doesn't do it automatically, which it should, use the bios to boot the install media and install windows on the new drive. If it works then you can just reinstall your other drives and you'll still have all your data except it'll be a fresh instance of windows. If it doesn't, then you may have to get a new motherboard.

Also if you have XMP enabled in your bios then disable it. Honestly, just reset all settings in your bios to default. Before getting a new motherboard you could first try to update the bios. should be able to just google your model number and "bios update" to get the download links and instructions on how to update it.

Other options to potentially try to avoid spending money; reseat your CPU (confirm good contact and even thermal paste spread) or try booting with only 1 stick of ram installed. It could even be a bad PSU which normally there'd be a few more issues involved but it could just be a failsafe on the motherboard that I've never heard of.

Can't say I've had this exact issue before but I've had similar and it's usually caused by a corrupt windows install. Too many options but I'd bet my money on a corrupt install or a faulty motherboard.

Thank you for your help I’m going to try the top idea cause it does sound really good in theory. I will still do it but my only concern is would the pc try going back to using the old drive whenever I reset it? Just questions though and I will tell you the results! And again thank you

4 hours ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

I agree with @MrSimplicity above about it sounding like a corrupted boot loader. Hit F8 repeatedly on boot and go to the recovery screen and try to run a recovery, rollback or any other fix it will give you before it gets worse. You could hit delete repeatedly to get into bios settings and make sure youre boot oorders are correct and nothing is disabled. Check your drive sata settings and make sure theyre on ahci. Unless youre trying to boot from a M.2 drive and your mobo is too old or low end to have that ability?

Great idea at the top but I believe that “worse” outcome has happened it says there is no profile to load

12 hours ago, Racinq said:

Thank you for your help I’m going to try the top idea cause it does sound really good in theory. I will still do it but my only concern is would the pc try going back to using the old drive whenever I reset it? Just questions though and I will tell you the results! And again thank you

As long as you take all other "bootable" drives out before installing windows it shouldn't try loading the other drives. However, you can still boot to them through bios once reinstalled so I recommend formatting them after you get any files you want off of them. If you don't want to buy a new drive and one of the drives you have doesn't have anything critical on it you can format the drive from the initial windows install screen. This is best done by deleting all partitions on the drive you want to use, and then hit new, then install on the new partition you just created

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti