Anyone have the Alienware Alienware AW2723DF?

SocomSuade
Go to solution Solved by Shimejii,
13 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

As an OLED owner myself (42" LG C2) for desktop use I have a hard time justifying in my mind prices like that for only 1440p but its going to be聽the best聽1440p experience there is, that is until Asus's 480Hz WOLED launches. If you're used to smaller 1080p monitors, you're going to be blown away.

The monitor linked above is the 280hz IPS one, not the New OLED 360hz one 馃檪

Otherwise this monitor has had various reviews, some really like it some its just another monitor.

280hz fast IPS youll be fine for a few years until the OLEDs come down in price enough

If so how is it? Was getting overwhelmed with research and reviews so I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. The high refresh rate is what sold me I think. Found a "like new" Amazon warehouse for $460. They're $600 new today just starting to get buyers remorse wondering if I should have done more research and im Hoping it's a great monitor. Never gone higher than 1080p before.

As an OLED owner myself (42" LG C2) for desktop use I have a hard time justifying in my mind prices like that for only 1440p but its going to be聽the best聽1440p experience there is, that is until Asus's 480Hz WOLED launches. If you're used to smaller 1080p monitors, you're going to be blown away.

13 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Otherwise this monitor has had various reviews, some really like it some its just another monitor.

280hz fast IPS youll be fine for a few years until the OLEDs come down in price enough

Yeah I opted for 1440p. I'm not sold on OLED (can't afford 4k OLED anyway).

I was definitely considering a 4k monitor but for my needs idk, couldn't really find anything that spoke to me within my budget.

I've always been on a 24" 1080p TN monitor at 144hz. This one is a 27" 1440p IPS I believe at 240Hz (280 overclocked)

Just now, Shimejii said:

Hm, google, or my interpretation of the results (VERY quick) let me down. After the last week or two, its been OLED everything and these model numbers all start looking the same.聽

That being said, even $460 is a lot of a 1440p LCD. $350 is the upper limit I'd consider worthwhile.

image.thumb.png.7b213546ea9022815e3f9a0ebdb6c8dc.png

Last years 240Hz 1440p OLED's are dropping in price every day.聽

image.thumb.png.c90aeb2ca6d5c525d2e221037aaee7b5.png

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Hm, google, or my interpretation of the results (VERY quick) let me down. After the last week or two, its been OLED everything and these model numbers all start looking the same.聽

That being said, even $460 is a lot of a 1440p LCD. $350 is the upper limit I'd consider worthwhile.

image.thumb.png.7b213546ea9022815e3f9a0ebdb6c8dc.png

Last years 240Hz 1440p OLED's are dropping in price every day.聽

image.thumb.png.c90aeb2ca6d5c525d2e221037aaee7b5.png

Well damn, that is $110 cheaper and also 240hz. The only thing that is keeping me from considering canceling my order and getting that MSI is im using AMD. Not that I'd use Freesync often anyhow.

51 minutes ago, SocomSuade said:

Well damn, that is $110 cheaper and also 240hz. The only thing that is keeping me from considering canceling my order and getting that MSI is im using AMD. Not that I'd use Freesync often anyhow.

FreeSync and GSync are interchangeable these days, its not like it was 5 years ago.聽

I'm not sure when you'd ever turn VRR off, anyway. You turn it on and its just on all the time.聽

Disregard the this vs. that clickbait thumbnail image, this is a informative video of the state of VRR.聽

16 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

FreeSync and GSync are interchangeable these days, its not like it was 5 years ago.聽

I'm not sure when you'd ever turn VRR off, anyway. You turn it on and its just on all the time.聽

Disregard the this vs. that clickbait thumbnail image, this is a informative video of the state of VRR.聽

Yeah im pretty out of the loop and tbh after all this new info I may just wait until I can afford a 4k 240hz Oled lol

On 1/17/2024 at 3:26 PM, GuiltySpark_ said:

On 1/17/2024 at 3:41 PM, Shimejii said:

Well I got over my OLED burn in fear. Cancelled the order and ordered the AW2725DF which is that 360hz 1440p oled 27". I just wanted to post the update and thank you guys for the information.

I was really looking at 4K because I think my computer can run it however I just could not find anything that looked perfect for me. I am very interested in that dual hz LG 4k/1080p聽 but that's not coming out until October and I want something now.

I play mostly shooter games so I figured that would be the perfect solution but this AW oled seems awesome and I'm coming from 1080p so im sure I'll be happy聽

On 1/23/2024 at 11:50 AM, SocomSuade said:

Well I got over my OLED burn in fear. Cancelled the order and ordered the AW2725DF which is that 360hz 1440p oled 27". I just wanted to post the update and thank you guys for the information.

I was really looking at 4K because I think my computer can run it however I just could not find anything that looked perfect for me. I am very interested in that dual hz LG 4k/1080p聽 but that's not coming out until October and I want something now.

I play mostly shooter games so I figured that would be the perfect solution but this AW oled seems awesome and I'm coming from 1080p so im sure I'll be happy聽

i just got my AW2725DF last night coming from a old Asus MG279Q and just returning a聽cooler master tempest gp27q and keeping my asus to go along with the AW and so far it's been great for FPS games and watching media imo 4k still just isn't worth it yet because nothing pushing it to 200+ fps on most new titles so i still feel 27in 1440p monitor are still the best spot right now. so you will be blew away either way with oled coming from 1080p to. i will say go in and turn brightness up to 100% and contrast to 75% and it looks great imo.

On 1/24/2024 at 9:12 PM, NejiFist said:

i just got my AW2725DF last night coming from a old Asus MG279Q and just returning a聽cooler master tempest gp27q and keeping my asus to go along with the AW and so far it's been great for FPS games and watching media imo 4k still just isn't worth it yet because nothing pushing it to 200+ fps on most new titles so i still feel 27in 1440p monitor are still the best spot right now. so you will be blew away either way with oled coming from 1080p to. i will say go in and turn brightness up to 100% and contrast to 75% and it looks great imo.

Are the bezels as absolutely effing massive and fugly as they look online? The monitor looks like its from 2016 besides the actual display itself.聽

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU-聽RTX 4070 SUPER FEMOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi聽RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVMEPSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake)聽CASE-Phanteks NV5MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hzPERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

On 1/29/2024 at 2:39 PM, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

Are the bezels as absolutely effing massive and fugly as they look online? The monitor looks like its from 2016 besides the actual display itself.聽

considering i pretty much stay in a dark room i don't notice the bezels at all but coming from my last MG279Q the bezel are alot smaller lmao