Airmail?

stefanmz
Go to solution Solved by porina,

Looks like they call it International now. https://www.royalmail.com/sending/international/international-standard

Europe aim 3-5 working days, rest of world 6-7 working days.

Hi! I want to order an item that ships with Royal Mail AirMail. I don't see that service on RoyalMail's website and I don't know what it is. Like how much does it take and so on. Do you know by any chance? How long it takes to arrive, just international delivery times for this service? 

9 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

Hi! I want to order an item that ships with Royal Mail AirMail. I don't see that service on RoyalMail's website and I don't know what it is. Like how much does it take and so on. Do you know by any chance? How long it takes to arrive, just international delivery times for this service? 

Does the place you're ordering from not tell you a rough timescale?

1 hour ago, whispous said:

Does the place you're ordering from not tell you a rough timescale?

no

Looks like they call it International now. https://www.royalmail.com/sending/international/international-standard

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

58 minutes ago, stefanmz said:

no

Where are you buying something from?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 3:32 PM, whispous said:

Where are you buying something from?

On 1/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, porina said:

thesoundtracktoyourlife.co.uk but I canceled the order because it was taking way too long. Way more than estimate. But thanks for telling me anyway!

By the way advice for anyone thinking of ordering with Royal Mail- those estimates 3-5 working days or even 6-7 are absolutely hilarious and completely wrong. Maybe if you get lucky they might be true but no mail service delivers that fast on its standard rates, which is also untracked by the way, you have to get way more premium services, tracked priority or whatever to get these delivery times and Royal Mail is especially slow so keep that in mind if you are ordering. I recommend ordering Tracked\Signed if you are going to order from them and you have an option to choose the delivery. That one arrives in an acceptable amount of time. Standard, well I waited 3 months for my package the first time and I didn't even expect to get it at that point and the second time I just canceled after waiting more than 20 days and I just ordered it from somewhere else(the USA). You can only get fast international shipping 3-5 business days or even 6-7 only with carriers like DHL,UPS and so on and if it's mail maybe like a really priority or express mail, it has to be quite a premium service for that. If you want to order standard because of budget constrains, I recommend ordering with USPS from the USA. Normally I would recommend just using a carrier if you can find a way to afford it but if you can't , packages with standard mail from USPS from the USA literally arrive faster(about a month for me which I would consider fine for standard mail) than ones with Royal Mail from the UK and I am in Europe, it is just hilarious how slow they are. To be fair I have had a package once come in about a month as well from the UK and I am assuming it was sent with Royal Mail but for that I don't know if the service was the standard one or a more premium one and I don't even remember if it was Royal Mail. Usually it's very slow. So until Royal Mail maybe fixes their slow shipping service, definitely take this advice if you don't want to wait 3 months for your package. 

Update: I got a few package from Royal Mail that arrived in about a month with their Air Mail. It's still pretty slow but I just wanted to throw that out there just for informational purposes.

Edited by stefanmz
Update