Looking for new mic

Oakmeal

I got a 300-350$ to spend on a microphone which one should i get? I have XLR(Doesnt need to be XLR if there is something better) as well and a nice stand. I just need a mic i would like some help please! I prefer mics that i dont need to shove my mouth into but at this point i just need help. Also i got a nice AMP/Mixer to go with it so i got everything just besides the mic. 

Well the best microphone for you depends on many factors:

First of all do you have a way to provide 48V phantom power to a mic?

How noisy is the environment you want to use it in (Clicky keyboard, loud fans, noisy neighbors, etc)?

How are you planing to mount the mic? Do you already own mic arm?

I do have a Mic arm

My voltage should be enough  for most mics if it isnt i will just get a different one i was thinking about getting. 

Noisy: Not to bad i would like for people not to hear my background as much as possible/ Its not too bad of noise Considering rn i have a AT2040 And it really doesn't pick up to much unless i turned up gain.

Planning on using the mic: To be honest i just want nice vocals nothing to special. 

6 minutes ago, Oakmeal said:

Considering rn i have a AT2040 And it really doesn't pick up to much unless i turned up gain.

That is already a good mic you have there. If you want to stick with a dynamic mic like the one you have, I would suggest you take a look at the Rode Procaster or the Electro-Voice RE320. If you can get a good deal, the Electro-Voice RE20 would be even better.

A bit on the pricey side is also the good old Shure SM7B.

My final suggestion is a Sennheiser MKE 600. That one would be perfect if you want to have the greatest distance between you and the mic while still having low ambient sounds.

I have the Rode NT1 and I love it.  I will have to say that I have no experience with stand alone mics other than this one but it works well for me.  There is some adjusting of the volume on the interface and some sensitivity adjustments inside discord, but that has more to do with how alert and vocal I am being than anything.  But again I don't have experience with anything else nor do I stay up to date on the subject.

I just loved my Rode NTH-100 so much that I was sold on the brand and found an XLR solution and went with it. (really Rode is a great company).

I have it adjusted so that it doesn't pick up my super loud keyboard or other background noise, I just have to remember to speak up to a normal voice when using it.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

2 hours ago, Psittac said:

I have the Rode NT1 and I love it. 

When i made my suggestions I specifically excluded large-diaphragm mics like the NT1 as they usually pick up more unwanted off axis noise. They also often suffer from a proximity effect.

I would suggest you search for vocal demos of the suggested mics on Youtube and chose the model, you like best.