XL6009E1 vs XL6009

I need a step up booster module for my Bluetooth amplifier which is 12v 

I am using 3.7v 3000mah lithium battery, want to step it up to 12v 2 or 3a 

XL6009E1 or XL6009 which module will be best for my work ?

They are the same:

image.png.d3c8a7e884101fe3f236c65bb2df4fea.png

Those modules are fine for home use. Don't expect them to pass EMI-testing or reaching top notch efficacy.

People never go out of business.

1 hour ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

They are the same:

image.png.d3c8a7e884101fe3f236c65bb2df4fea.png

Those modules are fine for home use. Don't expect them to pass EMI-testing or reaching top notch efficacy.

Thanks for response 

Ok, hold your horses dude.

You can't magically boost voltage from a battery to some higher voltage and high current without consequences.

A single 18650 lithium battery is rated for let's say 3.7v 3000mAh  - that means with 3A discharge, it will empty in one hour.

To boost 3.7v to 12v at 2A, you basically want to produce 12v x 2A = 24 watts, and you'll do this with around 85% efficiency - that means those 24 watts will be only 85% of the total taken from the input. So in total, let's say the dc-dc converter will take up to 28 watts. 

If we divide this 28 watts by 3.7v , we get 7.5A of current... which is quite a lot for a single battery and the battery will fully discharge in less than 30 minutes.

XL6009 also can't work with less than 5v, see datasheet:

https://www.haoyuelectronics.com/Attachment/XL6009/XL6009-DC-DC-Converter-Datasheet.pdf

XL6001 can work with as little as 3.6v but it's not good enough, it would suck in your case, because you'd want to discharge battery at least down to around 3.2v, battery will be 3.6v..3.7v for pretty much 80% of its life

The datasheet is here  https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/1809191820_XLSEMI-XL6001E1_C73343.pdf

The chip advertises 2A switching current ... that's not how much current it can output, it's a different thing (the rating of internal components).

With 3.6v...4v in, you'd be looking at best at around 0.5-0.75A output on 12v

luckily ...

I think you posted in another thread that you use 2  5w speakers, and probably you're not driving them at more than 2-3 watts, so your amplifier probably doesn't consume more than 8-10 watts ... that would mean less than 1A of current on 12v

Speaker are 15+15  

Amplifier is tpa3110d2

After thinking best option was to just get 3 battery 3000 mah

Connect then in series

Which is 12v with bms 3s

But the only issue is I don't know when my batterys are fully charged, I am using 12v 500mah charger