SR-IOV with Asus WRX80E-SAGE SE II with VMWare

I have an Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II motherboard with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5975WX CPU. I have installed VMware Esxi 8.0U2 and vCenter. I successfully passthrough an NVIDIA RTX 4090 to a virtual machine and had no issues. 
However, the need to have accelerated graphics for multiple VM is critical to our workload. The next aim was to use NVIDA vGPU profiles from a single GPU & passthrough to multiple virtual machines.

For this, I purchased the RTX 5000ada. I have installed the host and NVIDIA management drivers and applied the vGPU profile to a VM. When I try to boot the VM I get the following error message of "Could not initialise plugin "libnvidia-vgx.so" I believe this is an SR-IOV issue. I can confirm I have enabled SR-IOV Support and IOMMU in the Asus motherboard, however, I am still getting "not-capable" against the RTX 5000ada under SR-IOV in VMware Esxi 8.0U2

Has anyone successfully gotten SR-IOV to work with VMware Esxi 8 + Center. Any assistance and guidance would be helpful. 

Thank you in advance

• 4 months later...
On 1/9/2024 at 6:12 AM, DJSHARMABLE said:

I have an Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II motherboard with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5975WX CPU. I have installed VMware Esxi 8.0U2 and vCenter. I successfully passthrough an NVIDIA RTX 4090 to a virtual machine and had no issues. 
However, the need to have accelerated graphics for multiple VM is critical to our workload. The next aim was to use NVIDA vGPU profiles from a single GPU & passthrough to multiple virtual machines.

For this, I purchased the RTX 5000ada. I have installed the host and NVIDIA management drivers and applied the vGPU profile to a VM. When I try to boot the VM I get the following error message of "Could not initialise plugin "libnvidia-vgx.so" I believe this is an SR-IOV issue. I can confirm I have enabled SR-IOV Support and IOMMU in the Asus motherboard, however, I am still getting "not-capable" against the RTX 5000ada under SR-IOV in VMware Esxi 8.0U2

Has anyone successfully gotten SR-IOV to work with VMware Esxi 8 + Center. Any assistance and guidance would be helpful. 

Thank you in advance

have the same motherboard model, CPU and ESXi 8+ vCentre, only the GPU model is different (RTX A5000). Displaymode – off, Setting up BAR1 Memory usage Total : 32768 MB Is used: 1 MB Free: 32767 MB All necessary settings are enabled in the BIOS. And this is not the only server with a vGPU I think the problem is with the SR-IOV of the Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II motherboard Friend, did you manage to solve this problem?