Video player that can attenuate sudden loud noises

empleat

I find annoying most TV shows have sudden loud noises explosions e.g. but then voices are super quiet. I tried in past some equalizer thing in VLC and it helped with loud noises but then volume wasn't uniform and voices were inaudible... And also settings in MPC doesn't help much (mixer, normalize) etc. Isn't there by now some Video Player with AI which does this, or some way to do it otherwise so audio is more uniform and reduce max volume of loud noises? I have hearing issues!

Thanks!

I would tried playing with "Volume normaliser" filter in VLC.
Also enabling Loudness Equalisation in Microsoft Audio Enhancements might help too.
spacer.png

I don't use VLC anymore it was example, isn't there something better by now? Something with AI, or some better player which can do this?

This also doesn't help that much... It is still annoying AF!

I already tried all of this and messing with settings...

E.g. this but than dialogues are too quiet and it is annoying volume is no normalized, but some thing are louder and some quiter like dialogues

https://www.instantfundas.com/2012/06/dialogues-too-quiet-action-too-loud-use.html

It is useless as it cannot filter out only loud noises and applies on everything, that's why asked if there is not something with AI or something better. Nothing in windows will solve this...

I can pick any of these players: https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:Video_players

EDIT: Even normalization and mixing was set in player: loudness equalization helped on significantly on my speakers, probably forget to try it there as i didn't notice it on headphones!

Still would welcome better solution!

You should have used the compressor and not the equalizer in VLC. Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSHFExHE48.

This is one example of the compressor settings that you can use. You can experiment but you should know that one setting may not work for all movies so you may have to change the settings if it messed up the sound in one movie.

Also you can use PotPlayer. It has an audio normalizer which is good.

3 hours ago, cns00 said:

You should have used the compressor and not the equalizer in VLC. Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSHFExHE48.

This is one example of the compressor settings that you can use. You can experiment but you should know that one setting may not work for all movies so you may have to change the settings if it messed up the sound in one movie.

Also you can use PotPlayer. It has an audio normalizer which is good.

Yes that is it i didn't remember the word, it doesn't work, it suppresses also dialogues and makes them too quiet 😞

Is pot player normalized any better than MPC one?

On 1/8/2024 at 10:48 PM, empleat said:

Yes that is it i didn't remember the word, it doesn't work, it suppresses also dialogues and makes them too quiet 😞

You did it wrong. If done correctly then it won't do that.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:48 PM, empleat said:

Is pot player normalized any better than MPC one?

I don't know.

You can use EqualiserAPO for systemwide compressor and loudness control iirc.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |