Water Cooler Feedback Needed

Ridoheru

I'm new to computer building. I just need feedback on my placement.

IMG_20240106_180856.jpg

6 hours ago, _Omega_ said:

which way is up?

Where the radiator is.

Case:

Silverstone RV02-BW

2 hours ago, Ridoheru said:

Where the radiator is.

Case:

Silverstone RV02-BW

If i see it correctly its the perfect placement for the AiO

On 1/7/2024 at 4:51 AM, _Omega_ said:

If i see it correctly its the perfect placement for the AiO

Would you like me to send a better photo?

Radiators should be intake, so in front of the case with air blowing in would be perfect 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

Radiators should be intake, so in front of the case with air blowing in would be perfect 

i my opinion its most important, that the radiator is at the top of the case, for longevity. Yes you might have slightly better performance when using the rad as an intake, but in my opinion longevity and possibly lower noise are more important than a (in most cases) marginally higher temperature 

15 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

i my opinion its most important, that the radiator is at the top of the case, for longevity. Yes you might have slightly better performance when using the rad as an intake, but in my opinion longevity and possibly lower noise are more important than a (in most cases) marginally higher temperature 

who said anything about moving it down? 😄 

13 hours ago, NorKris said:

who said anything about moving it down? 😄 

My case has 1x 120mm top and 3x 180mm bottom fans. Intake blows in air from the bottom to the top. Bottom fans need replacing but here's another photo.

IMG_20240111_071332_HDR.jpg

7 hours ago, Ridoheru said:

My case has 1x 120mm top and 3x 180mm bottom fans. Intake blows in air from the bottom to the top. Bottom fans need replacing but here's another photo.

Now the pic u should have started with comes 🙂 

side intake?

image.png.885bb9952aa1fedf09a579ab38c8604a.png

120mm AIO is a waste of space. You need 240mm for an AIO to work as well or better than good air cooling. You want the fan blowing air out if mounted on the top of the case. You want the air blowing into the case if you mount the AIO on front. 

On 1/11/2024 at 6:02 AM, Columbo said:

120mm AIO is a waste of space. You need 240mm for an AIO to work as well or better than good air cooling. You want the fan blowing air out if mounted on the top of the case. You want the air blowing into the case if you mount the AIO on front. 

Only the best 240mm AIOs can outdo the best air coolers, and that's a fairly short list. Low-end 360s can be beaten by high-end 240/280 AIOs.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Only the best 240mm AIOs can outdo the best air coolers, and that's a fairly short list

No

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

No

No what?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

8 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

No what?

the list is long, very long 😛