GTA IV TEXTURE ISSUE!! (PLEASE HELP)

SebastianEier

Hi, I'm running a GTX TITAN 6GB with OC 4.5GHz with 16gb of ram, a.k.a MORE than enough to run GTA IV. HOWEVER i am very tired of having major texture issues, it doesn't go more then 1 minute to seconds after entering the game before all i see is myself, now  love gta iv and i don't wanna not play it, but it sucks that i cant play it more then few minutes before i have to restart the game. I've done some researching and all are telling the same,  "make commandline" now I've done that several times, with a variety of different setups and lines, but whatever i put i always get the same issue, I've tried to do it from shortcut with the commandlines in it, I always run the game on administrator, I've tried all the different .exe starting files but whatever i do i always get the same issue. Now i want to now if you know anything about a separate method to solve this issue (because 6GB of vram is deferentially enough) or if you know about any commandline setup that is specifically made to work with GTX TITAN. My copy of the game is the legal one from steam with the latest update 1.0.7.0. (I've even contacted Rockstar games support; all they said was "We see you have a problem, it most likely is caused by incompatibility with your videocard, bla bla bla" otherwise; they don't give a shit because i've already bought the game and i'm also kinda mad at RG because this is a issue that has been on the pc platform for years.

Thanks for your consideration

I re downloaded gta iv today and i get stuttering with high fps the map doesn't load and i cant change the graphics setting.. It's a bug fest im afraid. 

Kieran Well, we are all tired of rockstar games ignoring gta iv on pc ;(

The issue you have CAN easily be solved so tat you can hcange setting create an commandline.txt in the root folder of gta iv then put the following lines

-novblank 
-nomemrestrict 
-norestrictions
This should make you able to change settings. AND BTW the map doesn't load, NO its the TEXTURE that doesn't load (same issue as me) and there's no perfect fix for it (as far as i know)