Mother board not seeming to have power? (No RGB)

icyhenryt

Hello, the RGB on my motherboard randomly turned off (sad) while I was trying to power on the system. It is not currently in it's case so I was using a screwdriver to turn it on and I got it to turn on and I saw the bios with everything being identified (note the GPU fans were not spinning), but I unplugged it and plugged it back in (RGB turned back on) and when trying to power it on again, the RGB turned off and I haven't been able to get the fans to spin to life again. Any ideas? This is my PC 
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RB4YQP
Yes I looked through the pinned posts but because of my semi-modular power supply I'm not sure how to do the faulty power supply test.
I will happily provide any more info if needed

Might not be Hardware related and more of a software issue try flashing your BIOS if you are able to

17 minutes ago, Pyro_The_Dude said:

Might not be Hardware related and more of a software issue try flashing your BIOS if you are able to

I'll try thanks for replying
Update: I clicked the button and tried holding it down, nothing seemed to happen

Update part 2: my friend is yelling at me cause I did the wrong pins ig
Update part 3: these are the pins I connected... did I short the mother board 😭

2024_01_04_10c_Kleki.png

So these are the pins I seem to have touched and now something is broken.image.png.9b7be244998b4bb7ea68ad40cc805a49.png

9 minutes ago, icyhenryt said:

So these are the pins I seem to have touched and now something is broken.image.png.9b7be244998b4bb7ea68ad40cc805a49.png

Wait, what 2 pins on that did you bridge? There is a chance you blew up the TPM SPI, which may have caused other damage. Shouldn't, normally, the RGB and TPM should be decently isolated from each other, but I've seen weirder things. 

I don't say this to scold, but you have to be extra careful and check the manual before you go bridging contacts if you're not 100% certain of what contacts you are bridging. Even when I'm sure, I'll still double or triple check to be safe.

Also, for the future:
image.png.f17b51b719ee870d424591f8754133a5.png
Those are the two pins to bridge that correspond to the power button.

Edited by SlayerOfHellWyrm
Added in image of what pins should have been shorted for PWR_BTN

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

5 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Wait, what 2 pins on that did you bridge? There is a chance you blew up the TPM SPI, which may have caused other damage. Shouldn't, normally, the RGB and TPM should be decently isolated from each other, but I've seen weirder things. 

I don't say this to scold, but you have to be extra careful and check the manual before you go bridging contacts if you're not 100% certain of what contacts you are bridging. Even when I'm sure, I'll still double or triple check to be safe.

I when it broke I'm pretty sure I connect the GND and SPI_MOSI and I completely agree with you, I should have been more careful and double checked. The video I watched seem to connect those and the first time I connected them it turned on so I assumed I was correct. If it wasn't the GND and SPI_MOSI it was pins close to them
Thank you for your help