Make a macOS bootable usb on windows.

Go to solution Solved by frozenpotato,
10 hours ago, Drvulcanlord said:

Sure, the Mac is a late 2009 model with a core 2 duo and 9400m. I had El Capitan on it.

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp579?locale=en_US Thank you!

Hello! So I found a DMG for El Capitan "Here" and you can find a transmac tutorial on how to flash. I don't know exactly what to do next but you would want to boot onto the drive or into a mac recovery.

So I have a old MacBook 2009 that in the prosses of trying to dual boot mac and windows on I over wrote the drive with the windows installation. I want to be able to dual boot, and the drive I installed windows on is not the original drive that came with the MacBook (I upgraded it to an ssd). So is there a way I can make a bootable usb for mac os on windows as I do not have access to another mac os machine. It doesn't have to be a new version of macOS, but if the only way to make a bootable usb is through open core than I can go down that rabbit hole. Thanks for any help in advance.

My Main rig: i7-4790, Asus z97c, Radeon HD 7850 (2gig), Fractal Design Focus G.

My Laptops: Dell xps 12 flip screen, Dell Latitude e5410, MacBook 2009, and a Hp 2000

Beware Yankees I'm a Louisianan  *Rebel Yell*

Hello! I did some research and it looks like there is a software called "TransMac" avalabile on windows and you just need to find the rom for macOS for the MacBook and you will be good to go! Here is the article I found that has instructions "Click me!".

EDIT: I'd be happy to help find you the iso for the macbook if I had a some more information about the macbook.

19 hours ago, frozenpotato said:

Hello! I did some research and it looks like there is a software called "TransMac" avalabile on windows and you just need to find the rom for macOS for the MacBook and you will be good to go! Here is the article I found that has instructions "Click me!".

EDIT: I'd be happy to help find you the iso for the macbook if I had a some more information about the macbook.

Sure, the Mac is a late 2009 model with a core 2 duo and 9400m. I had El Capitan on it.

My Laptops: Dell xps 12 flip screen, Dell Latitude e5410, MacBook 2009, and a Hp 2000

10 hours ago, Drvulcanlord said:

Hello! So I found a DMG for El Capitan "Here" and you can find a transmac tutorial on how to flash. I don't know exactly what to do next but you would want to boot onto the drive or into a mac recovery.

7 hours ago, frozenpotato said:

Ok thanks I’ll try that.