MacOS: force system settings to remember my Display settings upon monitor wake?

Mac studio M1 Max, Monterey 12.7.2. Two external displays. Main display is a 240hz Acer Gsync module gaming display. connected via Displayport>Usb C adapter. (issue persists with HDMI connection too). I have issues i won't get into but it's all caused when the monitor in system/display settings is set to Refresh Rate: Variable (1hz-240hz). when i switch it to a fixed refresh rate like 240hz all problems go away. The only issue is that everytime the monitor wakes up either if its the Mac booting up for the first time, or the monitor waking up from sleep when the mac turns off display, it ALWAYS switches back to the default Variable mode and not the fixed refresh rate i set it to.

Is there any way to make it remember, or third party app that can lock it or automatically change it to whatever settings i want everytime it wakes? So far ive tried SwitchResX. The monitor will still switch to Variable upon wake in both system settings and SwitchResX. But at least SwitchResX makes it a little easier to manually switch to fixed refresh rate since it has a quick icon in the top menu bar. But i still have to do this everytime the monitor wakes. I made a hotkey shortcut for switch res x which loads my refresh rate settings instantly. but again, i have to do it myself everytime the monitor wakes. Is there any other fixes known? I just need MacOS to remember the settings and stop defaulting. I know it stems from some compatibility between M1 and this monitor because my other brand monitor doesnt have these issues. I just need a workaround that sticks and is automatic.

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB