Constructive Criticism on TechnoBuffalo

To start things off, I am writing this here in hopes that @LinusTech will be able to pass this on, as I have contacted Jon on Twitter regarding this issue with no luck. It's possible that he is very busy, but as a person who really respects and loves what Jon does, I feel the need to provide some sort of feedback on the matter. Additional comments and suggestions are welcome.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisements:

My first major concern is that advertisements are taking away from TB. Not that advertisements in and of themselves are bad, but there is such a thing as way too many advertisements. When you first visit the site, for example, the whole entire front page is covered up by an ad. Why? This is something that I would expect to see several years ago but is not at all common today. This will either lead people to use ad blockers or not visit altogether.

Performance:

The TB website I have noticed recently is very sluggish even on my relatively high-end PC. My first guess would be the over-utilization of Flash. To minimize this, it might help to give each article their own page instead of allowing each article to be a continuing stream of information. That would probably be more cost-effective than recoding the entire website in HTML5 anyway.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and considering my input.

My PC specifications are in my profile.