What are some good cheep mechanical Keyboards?

Drvulcanlord

What are yall's thoughts on the best budget mechanical keyboard?

My Main rig: i7-4790, Asus z97c, Radeon HD 7850 (2gig), Fractal Design Focus G.

My Laptops: Dell xps 12 flip screen, Dell Latitude e5410, MacBook 2009, and a Hp 2000

Beware Yankees I'm a Louisianan  *Rebel Yell*

A few months ago I bought a Rosewill Neon K91 keyboard with Kailh Brown switches for around 25 USD, been very happy with it so far and it feels great to type on.

I also got a Redragon Kumara for 40 USD about 8 years ago and it's still going strong.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

3 hours ago, Drvulcanlord said:

What are yall's thoughts on the best budget mechanical keyboard?

There's not a lot of group knowledge of budget mechanical keyboards on this forum. There's TOO many to choose from, and most of the regulars here use boards that are around the $80-$160 range (including myself).

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

12 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

There's not a lot of group knowledge of budget mechanical keyboards on this forum. There's TOO many to choose from, and most of the regulars here use boards that are around the $80-$160 range (including myself).

15 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

A few months ago I bought a Rosewill Neon K91 keyboard with Kailh Brown switches for around 25 USD, been very happy with it so far and it feels great to type on.

I also got a Redragon Kumara for 40 USD about 8 years ago and it's still going strong.

Ok thanks for the information, do yall know of any good places to buy from that aren’t obvious like Amazon?

My Laptops: Dell xps 12 flip screen, Dell Latitude e5410, MacBook 2009, and a Hp 2000

1 hour ago, Drvulcanlord said:

Ok thanks for the information, do yall know of any good places to buy from that aren’t obvious like Amazon?

Newegg usually has good deals on Rosewill products, since that's their in-house brand.

Other than that, eBay has also been a pretty good option.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, dcgreen2k said:

Newegg usually has good deals on Rosewill products, since that's their in-house brand.

Other than that, eBay has also been a pretty good option.

Thanks I’ll do some looking around on those sites.

On 12/31/2023 at 4:19 AM, dcgreen2k said:

Yes its a good keyboard, mine lasted 4 years then it started typing double keys if i press any button.
Although i do not have a good experience with ReDragon products.

After Kumara died i bought the redragon k580 vata which is very expensive keyboard but unfortunately it died within 1 year, the whole Home,End Arrow Up/Down area got malfunction and now when i press any button it only type the numbers and symbols.At the same time i bought the Mirage WIreless Redragon Mouse and its scroll wheel does not work anymore.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w