Learning about PC Tech ??

Calais2000

I've been watching Linus for a while now and I'm quite frankly a noob when it comes to tech but I'm sure there are others. I

have been sort of understanding most of it but I am completely lost when comparing bios switches or other things.

I was wondering if there was like a course or an online thing where I could easily learn this and fully understand everything

Calais

Whatever you do, don't take things from the A+ certification as absolute knowledge when it comes to modern PC tech. The knowledge with A+ is way too outdated with talks of floppy drives and irrelevant stuff such as pin count. If you really wanna learn about PC tech, you learn by doing it. You build your system or you tinker with one already built. This is how you learn.

Whatever you do, don't take things from the A+ certification as absolute knowledge when it comes to modern PC tech. The knowledge with A+ is way too outdated with talks of floppy drives and irrelevant stuff such as pin count. If you really wanna learn about PC tech, you learn by doing it. You build your system or you tinker with one already built. This is how you learn.

This^ Absolutely this^

BIOS switches are... not that important. I mean, it's good to know, and necessary for overclocking perfection, but not something that you would use often. 

The easiest way to learn it all is to watch a lot of the tech quickie videos, then start building on that by reading about things you are interested in. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I would suggest reading the "Recent posts". You can just see if you know what people are talking about. Also, if you know a solution/have an opinion, always try your best answering people. 

Best way of learning is of course doing tech stuff yourself.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Ok, I'm already doing my first build this summer and I'll try and do other things you suggest and hopefully it all works

Thanks because I really didn't have a clue